Thread: 2002 Jeep Liberty KJ

2002 Jeep Liberty KJ

Well its new to my wife and a replacement for the Xterra that we just recently sold

Here is her 2002 Jeep Liberty Renegade KJ:

Current stats:
    • Factory Hella roof lights,
    • Jeep Clinometer,
    • Gauge pod with Autometer gauges,
    • Detroit rear locker,
    • Re-geared to 410's,
    • Axle Protection
    • ARB front bumper w/ factory fogs mounted in the ARB,
    • 2" suspension lift,
    • M8000 Warn Winch w/ synthetic rope,
    • Con-Ferr roof rack,
    • CB radio,
    • high lift jack,
    • 245/75 R16 Goodyear MT/R tires on Rubi Wheels,
    • K&N air filter,
    • Magnaflow Exhaust,
    • sliders,
    • sunroof/moonroof, (what's the difference?)
    • optima red top battery

Planned mods:
    • Seat covers
    • LightForce 170's
    • NoLoss valve caps
    • Rear Deck w/ Goodies
    • Rear lights
    Wil Kuhns<br />Sierra Expeditions <br /><br />The only regrets in life are the risks you didn&#039;t take.<br /><br />Mod Progress Gauge: [|||||||||-] = 90% Complete as of 03 FEB 2008. My Taco&#039;s Garage

Re: 2002 Jeep Liberty KJ

Here is a front shot of the KJ:

As you can see FlyingBaby approves!!

The KJ has 245/75 R16 Goodyear MT/R tires mounted on wheels off of a Jeep Rubicon Wrangler.

We also have a full size matching spare:

Also some required stickers can be seen on the rear window.

The factory roof rack/ rails were removed and replaced with a Con-Ferr roof rack. FlyingWil wants to add some LightForce Stubby lights on the rear for reverse lights. We'll see what happens.

The engine bay is very clean, the KJ has an K&N filter and a Magnaflow exhaust. The exhaust is very quiet compared the the Calmini Exhaust on the Xterra.

At this point it has an Optima Red Top, but it will be replaced with an Odyssey or two down the road.

The Rear of the KJ has been regeared to 410's (front too!), and added protection on the Axle. Hiden on the inside of this is a Detroit Locker. It makes backing up fun!

The front bumper was replaced with an ARB bumper. I love the looks of it and knowing that it is airbag compliant and crash tested. Plus I haven't seen too many other KJ's with an ARB. The factory fog lights were repositioned into the bumper, and I plan on installing a set of LightForce 170's on the front above the Warn winch.

The interior of the Jeep has rubberized floor mats, Jeep Clinometer, and a Gauge Pod with Tranny and Oil gauges as FlyingBaby is pointing out below:

The Jeep has a hybrid lift on it, which is basically the Frankenlift with out the Daystar parts. We might add that later. So for now it is OME and Rancho components:

Here is pic from the seller....
    Wil Kuhns<br />Sierra Expeditions <br /><br />The only regrets in life are the risks you didn&#039;t take.<br /><br />Mod Progress Gauge: [|||||||||-] = 90% Complete as of 03 FEB 2008. My Taco&#039;s Garage

Its still just a Jeep, but I guess I would not understand cause its a "Jeep Thing". This should be off-topic. .

Yes my wife has a Grand Cherokee.

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    Its still just a Jeep, but I guess I would not understand cause its a "Jeep Thing". This should be off-topic. .

Yes my wife has a Grand Cherokee.
    its in the general vehicle section, counts for all vehicles
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

See I told you, I would not understand, sorry for the confusion.

Sweet.
    I got to test drive one of these one (on road at least) and I thought it was pretty well set.
    Def Smaller then the X though.

NIce looking set up.

I have wheeled with a couple of these and I would watch the frame tab that the steering rack is mounted to. It is pretty thin and the one I was wheeing with broke it off. This allowed the front wheels to act independantly instead of steering together at the same angles. Made for a long limping trip off the trail and to a decent place for a tow truck to come get it. But it did make.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;