Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chrysler delivering its own Stimulus Packages

Re: Chrysler delivering its own Stimulus Packages

The cost will be passed onto the customer regardless. When will we learn that corporations do not pay for taxes/tax hikes, fines, judgements or incentive programs? The cost is ALWAYS passed on to the consumer.

When shameless politicians boast about nailing big-fill in the blank here-, they conveniently neglect to mention that the cost will be yours to pay eventually. So politicians leverage our abject greed, envy, avarice, covetousness and even jealousy, to gain political points and tax revenue from our pockets with one hand, while pointing the blame at the corporations. Nice.
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Welp it looks like Suzuki is jumping the same bandwagon. They're taking a slightly different approach by offering free fuel for three months.

At the end of the day the savings is really no different to cash-back rebates etc. Sadly the buyers won't realize this due to the "greed" that fuster brings up. Gotta give it up to good marketing!
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

If it wasn't for depreciation driving off the dealer lot and horrible resale values, I'd be tempted to buy one for 3 months and turn it back in. It's a shame Suzuki can't make a vehicle like they can a bike or ATV . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck
    The cost will be passed onto the customer regardless. When will we learn that corporations do not pay for taxes/tax hikes, fines, judgements or incentive programs? The cost is ALWAYS passed on to the consumer.

When shameless politicians boast about nailing big-fill in the blank here-, they conveniently neglect to mention that the cost will be yours to pay eventually. So politicians leverage our abject greed, envy, avarice, covetousness and even jealousy, to gain political points and tax revenue from our pockets with one hand, while pointing the blame at the corporations. Nice.
    It's all so true... anything the free market can do government can royally eff up.

Wal-Mart's $4 perscriptions have done more for more people than any of the government's medicare plans. I shudder to think of what will happen if the retards in D.C. finally pass a nationalized healthcare system...

And of course now the talking heads are talking about a possible "gas-tax holiday" over the summer, that would reduce our prices for a whopping 3 months, by about $0.15 IIRC.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Man, after reading the OP more closely, I can definitely see how $2.99 gas for 3 years would push a lot of people to buy tow rigs through Dodge, since the plan includes Dodge Ram HD with a Cummins!

I'm also curious what the yearly limit would be on this, as in what prevents people for using the card for all of their vehicles?

The article says:

Yearly allotment of gallons provided
    Annual gallon allotment ends each year on 7/31 (first year ends 7/31/09)
    So what is the limit? Is it on a per-vehicle basis? Because a Dodge Ram HD will use a lot more in net gallons per year than a Caliber for example...
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

Say, 45mpg avg in a prius, just under .09/mile if gas is $4/gal. $2.99 gas you still need to get over 33mpg in your Chrylser before that deal comes out ahead. I think I'll stick with my plan to get a next gen prius thanks.
    Brian

"The program is limited to 12,000 miles of driving annually based on the EPA combined city and highway fuel economy rating (lead foots may find they don’t get a full 12,000 miles in real-world driving) on the Chrysler vehicle purchased under the program, Landry said.. Thus, if the vehicle gets 28 miles per gallon, the customer will be able to purchase 428.5 gallons of gasoline at the program price, Chrysler said."

LINK

So at today's $3.73/gallon here in CA, you would save $308.52 the first year, assuming you travel all 12,000 of those miles. Over three years, you've saved $925. Fuel prices would have to go up considerably before you should take this incentive over the cheap interest rate or other cash back incentives. $925 is not nearly enough to get me into a Chrysler.

weve had that sort of thing up here...discounted gas card. when my sister got their saab (saturn/gm) a few years back, she got a card that saved ï½¢20/L on gas. she gave it to me...and i used it for my runner for a good summer. then it ran out. i think it had a 2000L cap.

you'll probably never see toyota doing this. they're not that desparate for sales...although it is a great incentive. still...itll take alot more than a gas discount card to get me to buy some domestic POS.

sonny<br />1998 4Runner LTD...d0uble locked on 35&#039;s<br />crawlinbc.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12