Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So I blowed up a clutch/bearing ... lets brainstorm.

Re: So I blowed up a clutch/bearing ... lets brainstorm.

I personally have never had a clutch kit come with the throwout hub, just the bearing. I have always had to press the new bearing on the hub. If its a loose press then lock tight-it. If your having a hard time getting the old one off, then apply some heat to the bearing to expand it a little then tap it off. After all you can't hurt the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by amgraham
    Also, while you have the tranny out you may want to throw a rear main seal in. Mine started leaking 2 weeks after I replaced the first clutch in my truck.
    and why not the front seal of the tranny

Thanks guys!!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    and why not the front seal of the tranny
    That too.. It's hard to find the right one though.
    1987 Toyota 4Runner<br />Specs Here: 4Runner Page

Chris, you going to have this ready for the jambo? Or are you taking the Taco down?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Thanks guys!!
    chris, I always "pressed" the yoke out of the bearing by using a large socket that just fits inside the TO bearing. The key is understanding its on there with an interference fit, requiring force to get it on and off. :-) Also, yeah, get an input shaft seal for the tranny and change it while its off... that'll cost you about 5 bucks and an extra 15 minutes. There's a paper gasket there, either get a new one from Yota, or use gasket maker.

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    Chris, you going to have this ready for the jambo? Or are you taking the Taco down?
    Clutch is out for delivery as we speak, so I have help coming tonite, and should have this thing ready for the Jambo!! if not, I will be going down in the Taco.
    -Chris
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.

Okay guys, should have asked this qurestion before, without a SST, how is the best way to remove the pilot bearing? Flywheel is out, I went ahead and had it turned, figured it was cheap insurance for $20. So, ASAP, lets hear the plans for this pilot bearing, Thanks!! Also for putting the new one on.... although I think it will work much the way getting the throwout bearing out did... Thanks!
    -Chris

at 1:27 am Tracy officialy resumed movement under her own power....

SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!
    -Chris

Glad to hear

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345