Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: '89 Toy Van 4wd 5spd NTP Parts Request/Quote

'89 Toy Van 4wd 5spd NTP Parts Request/Quote

I just picked up a toy van to use for work. It came from CO and I am planning on getting a smog pretest this week to hopefully get an idea of what, if anything, needs to be done to get it to pass. I figured you guys would be the best at trying to find me parts for a slightly rare vehicle.

In preperation, I want to start getting a parts list/price going for what Vanna may be needing in the near future for passing smog and general maintenance, since she has almost 206,000 miles on her.

All these parts are for a '89 Van 4wd 5spd Deluxe with front and rear AC:

1. Dashpot (I believe that is what it is called) it is what makes the throttle slowly close rather than slam shut. Here's a pic of it:

2. TPS

3. Throttle Body Gasket

4. Water Pump

5. Air Filter

6. Fan Clutch (just in case I can't just change the oil and gasket in my original one)

7. Two tubes of the oil that go in the fan clutch

8. Gasket or O-ring (not sure which it is) that is in the fan clutch (Edit: Nevermind, I don't think this is available)

9. Valve cover gasket

10. Hub gasket (round one that goes between the manual hub and mounting surface)

11. Hub dial gasket (star shaped one that goes between hub dial and hub body)

12. This one is a long shot, but I need the rubber seal that goes around the middle windows (the one's that slide). I believe the part # is part#62755-28020. I have heard that it is discontinued but some dealerships may still have them. I need a driverside for sure and a passenger if possible.

That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more after she gets in the shop for a smog pretest.

Thanks,
    Chris

My signature

Re: '89 Toy Van 4wd 5spd NTP Parts Request/Quote

No problem Chris, i will get together a list and send you a pm with the prices for the parts you need

Rafa
    Rafa<br />NTP Northridge Toyota<br />19950 Nordhoff st<br />Northridge Ca 91324<br />email @ Rafam@northridgetoyota.com<br />818 532-3653

pm sent
    Rafa<br />NTP Northridge Toyota<br />19950 Nordhoff st<br />Northridge Ca 91324<br />email @ Rafam@northridgetoyota.com<br />818 532-3653

Thanks Rafa, I got it (that was quick!). I'm tearing into the van more today, so I'll probably add more to the list tonight.

Thanks again!
    My signature

Just a couple more:

1. Thermostat

2. Gallon of the red coolant (not sure if you can ship that or not)
    My signature

those are great vehicles

my 88 served as a shuttle van for a local repair shop-I believe they hit over 400K miles with it after I sold it to them.

Best of luck in getting all you need.
    Ron H.<br />99 4Runner SR5 4x4 with 3.4/5speed<br />not particularly special to anyone but me

Quote Originally Posted by frydriceT4R
    those are great vehicles

my 88 served as a shuttle van for a local repair shop-I believe they hit over 400K miles with it after I sold it to them.

Best of luck in getting all you need.
    Thanks! I'm really enjoying the van.

Rafa is taking good care of me. He got my order going and I'll be getting parts soon.
    My signature

thanks Chris
    sent you your fax, let me know if you got it

hey Chris, I got most of the parts in this morning and I will be shipping them out today
    the only things missing are the valve cover gasket and t-stat gasket...those will be in
    over the weekend. I will pm ya your fed ex tracking #

Quote Originally Posted by RAFA@NTP
    hey Chris, I got most of the parts in this morning and I will be shipping them out today
    the only things missing are the valve cover gasket and t-stat gasket...those will be in
    over the weekend. I will pm ya your fed ex tracking #
    Hey Rafa, I got the tracking #, thanks. Did the other valve cover and t-stat gastkets make it in that 1 package or are you still waiting on them?

I'm stoked, it passed smog, so I can concentrate on getting the cooling system up to snuf. I had to run with the heater on today while driving in town to keep the temps in the middle. NOT FUN!

By the way, I like the new avatar.
    My signature

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast