Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: moving to cali

moving to cali

a friend and i are thinking of moving to california this year. since alot of you are from cali i figured you could give me some good info on where there is good 4wheeling around the state and where good places to live are. someplace centrally located near trails, beaches, and away from the city and gangs . thanks
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Re: wheeling in cali

Gangs everywhere, well compared to Rhode Island (I think). What kind of trails do you like? There are beaches, dunes, forests, desert, etc.

Best thing to do is visit first, then decide where you'd like to live. Another thing you have to consider is the type of job your looking for and which area has the most opportunities.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    Best thing to do is visit first, then decide where you'd like to live. Another thing you have to consider is the type of job your looking for and which area has the most opportunities.
    X2

Edit: If you need a place to stay while you are out visiting, our home is always open (and we're very near a ton of trails, oh and we have an extra crawler we can loan out).

Quote Originally Posted by JnJ
    X2

Edit: If you need a place to stay while you are out visiting, our home is always open (and we're very near a ton of trails, oh and we have an extra crawler we can loan out).
    you are just far too kind jenn!

we'd all love for you to visit! out here in the inland empire, the gangs are here, but generally not bad if you pick a decent place to live. minutes away from big bear, close to calico, and not all that far from the wheelin paradise that is san diego. not that far from the beach, but away from the madness of greater LA.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Stay away from the Central Coast, gangs everywhere, beaches suck, super crowded, bad traffic, absolutely horrid place to live.
    My signature

wow i never thought id be offered places to stay. thanks so much for the hospitality Jnj, show this young east coast guy how cali does it . so ya my plan is to take a week soon and go out there with my friend to hang out with his brother and meet some people, they live near disney. later on in the summer we planned to go out there find jobs and a place to live, then haul all our stuff there. ive always wanted to do this and since me and the girl who didnt wanna come with me are no longer together i think its time i try this. i work at a dealership now, im not happy. all i want to do is work at one of the custom 4x4 shops doing anything to get my foot in the door. im no proffesional fabricator but have done alot of stuff to my own and friends vehicles trying to get as much experience as possible. sasing, total chaos, kits blah blah blah. i figure if i bring my large tool box, my truck, and a resume with all my certs on it showing a willingness to work and learn i can get a job at one of these places.

i have some family in yorbolinda and marino valley that i visite once but was to young to see anything cool.

the types of trails im looking for are mostly rock crawling or just nice scenery. some of the pics you guys post up just call my name to that side of the country so its time i try it out.

Re: moving to cali

Gangs are everywhere, North, South, and Central. I have lived in Santa Cruz most of my life, never a problem. I am 45 minutes from Hollister Hills SVRA and 4 hrs to the Rubicon. The beaches are nice, although crowded on the weekends. If you end up near Santa Cruz PM me I have great resources for a Mechanic/Fabricator, I could get you a job at Toyota of Santa Cruz, Subaru of Santa Cruz, or possibly where I work (mechanic / fab).

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Stay away from the Central Coast, gangs everywhere, beaches suck, super crowded, bad traffic, absolutely horrid place to live.
    Simply not true!

x4

i really dont want to work at another dealership. im so sick of flat rate pay times and warranty. i just want to work at a shop as mechanic fabricator, would love to just work on 4x4 trucks all day, prefferably toyotas but will do anything. not like ill go to the beach all the time but i would like it to be an option

It looks like you have a lot of resources here. Good luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast