Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seat belt locked!

seat belt locked!

my 97 tacoma driver seatbelt is locked up. nothing major happened that i can think of just got in the other day and its locked in the open position. theres barely any slack in it and ive tried several times to make slack to unlock it but every time i do it seems to tighten up even more. im going to try and open up the seat belt assembly this weekend. ive never done this before so I'll be winging it. any help with this would be appreciated. I feel naked driving without it not to mention its illegal here in OK.

Re: seat belt locked!

You will most likely have to replace your seatbelt. That might cost you well over $100 new.

I wouldn't recommend trying to work on it - One wrong move and the spring looses all of its tension.

well i have nothing to loose right?

post up a thread asking NTP (northridge toyota) how much a new one is.

2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by garzaglass
    well i have nothing to loose right?
    I don't like the idea of trying to repair a seatbelt.

But that's just me.

Take apart the assembly and see if you can fix it:

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/minutemods/seatbelt/
    '99 Taco PreRunner V6 3.4L auto

I've looked at that fix for slow winding seatbelt but it doesn't help me. I've pulled the seatbelt off and still cant see whats keeping it locked up. anybody else have experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by all_terrain17
    I don't like the idea of trying to repair a seatbelt.

But that's just me.
    x2
    At least its the driver side.

can anybody tell me how I can find out what used seat belts will fit my truck. i cant find any of my year belts at the salvage yards. one place has one for a 1999 tacoma. anybody know if this will fit?

should be the same. as long as you are keeping it the same between double cab and extended cab and single cab (they all might be the same, but im not sure, so to be safe, try to find one that is the same) or you oculd take your current non working one out and go match it
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast