Thread: Need your thoughts on current / future 4Runner rebates

Need your thoughts on current / future 4Runner rebates

Hi, new member here.
    We're looking at buying our a 2008 4Runner, which will be our first Toyota. As you may know, current rebate (in my area) is 1500 cashback or low APRs of 0, 1.9, or 2.9%, and they expire June 2. We'll probably go for the cashback. From your experience, past Toyota history, your opinion, or SWAG (Scientific Wild A** Guess), what do you think the rebate situation will be after June 2 ? Cashback stay the same, higher, or ??? The rebate is called a May Special, and I don't know what was offered before. Anyone know how well 4Runner sales have been in the past month or so? I'm expecting to negotiate some money off in addition to the cashback. Are there websites to guide you in how much (little) the car can be bought for? We're looking at SR5s in the 32-33K range. Any other thoughts for a new Toyota customer are welcome. Thanks, Don

Re: Need your thoughts on current / future 4Runner rebates

I just bought a 2007 at the end of last year with 0% financing so it seems like Toyota is offering that incentive more and more. With the current economy, high gas prices, and green movement, SUV sales are declining and I doubt that'll change anytime soon. My opinion is that you don't need to rush into things, I think toyota will be more willing to deal at the end of the year.

Also, for the first time ever, I tried using email to negotiate and it was sooo much better. I could pit several dealers against each other and get the best price. That was the real way to find out what the going rate was because as the price got lower and lower, the dealers started to drop out.

Other than that, there's the typical websites such as kbb.com, edmunds.com, etc. Good luck.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.