Thread: Brakes pad and fuel filter replacement.

Brakes pad and fuel filter replacement.

I need to the change the brake pads on my 4runner and I'm wondering what a good brand is. I've gone pads from Autozone/Chakcers before and they left brake dust on my wheels.

Also, is there a specific brand of fuel filter that is better than the other or all they all the same?
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

Re: Brakes pad and fuel filter replacement.

I am sure there are plenty of top shelf brands of brake pads, but they all wear out over time and leave dust behind. As for fuel filters, you will get a ton of opinions, but just go OEM.

Fuel filter, I'd go OEM without question. When I replaced mine it was real gritty inside. Brake pads - I enjoy Hawk brand pads, I have the SuperDuty versions on my Toy. However, if you're looking for something that leaves no brake dust, I'm not sure you want to go along with those as they do dust somewhat considerably. I couldn't care less - I kinda like seeing there there! So it's a non-issue for me.

I think EBC branded pads (not sure if all of them are, the Green and Red ones are) are made of ceramic and Kevlar fibers rather then graphite and they don't produce brake dust, or, nowhere near as much as regular pads do. Try 'em!

PS. Poking about shows that Axxis Deluxe pads are also well rated and possibly perform better then the EBC pads, this said by the BMW crow. Can't say for sure but this is what I've found. http://www.buybrakes.com/axxis/apps-Toyota%20SUV.html
    They're also endorsed somewhat on the StopTech website, so, that's gotta count for something too.
    http://www.stoptech.com/products/hig...nce_pads.shtml
    '96 SR5 5VZ-FE. 89k . 265/75/16 REVO 2s. Sonoran Steel 1.2, HID projector retrofit, Lightforce 170s.

i just stick with oem for both. support our site sponsor, northridge toyota parts, and give RAFA@NTP a call or pm!

I went with OEM for my fuel filter. I ordered from www.1sttoyotaparts.com, but I would also check out Northridge Toyota. I will probably order from them next time since I'm in the socal area. For brake pads I went with the OEM replacement that Kragen sells lol..
    -Ned<br /><br />1997 4Runner 4x4 3.4L V6 Black<br />OME/TRD Lift | 265 Pro comp MT | AR Bajas 16x8, Kenwood Excelon KDCx789 | Polk DB650 speakers | WabFab Discos | Other stuff<br />

i went with hawk lts pads.

fuel filter, OEM is the only choice as far as im concerned.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Thanks, for the replies. I think I'll stick to OEM for the time being. I'll upgrade my pads at a latter date.
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.