Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee's 1991 Pickup Build

Re: Lee's 1991 Pickup Build

only had a couple hrs thanks to traffic and having to work tomorrow but i got most of the drivers side cut off

-Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

I love to see IFS get its fair share.

Nice working so far. This is going to be a fun build up to follow.

Hey I see a rusty cat sitting on the floor in the last pic. Dont throw that thing away. If you not gonna use it, you can get pretty good money from people who recycle those things. Some are worth upwards of a $100.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

yeah it's not mine, and i believe it's gonna be sold

so this weekend i got a lot done... ifs cut and frame ground down, new ceramic clutch installed, new front output seal, new throwout bearing installed. trans put back in, duals put in. this week ill cut the floor for the shifters, and start on the front sas install. big thanks to my friends paul and scott for their bigtime help!

anyway:

ifs is gone.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://kidmoe.com/sas/exterior/3_ifs_gone.jpg[/img]

duals in (sorry its a really shitty pic)

keep forgetting to post my tires (35" cooper stt's on procomp 87 series rims)
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

R u gonna spring forward with longer springs ?

im using the 4" tg elim kit springs, not moving the axle at all...

if i need to move it forward for larger tires / clearance from the firewall later, i will do so... it'd just involve moving the steering box, elongating the steering shaft (might even be enough room to stretch it) and changing the perch.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

front hanger tacked..

holes for the shifters are cut...

and for no reason heres my cat doing an impression of a seal

-Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Good work Lee!!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

ok..

axle done to the spindles

sleeves in and plated (strengthened due to the frame being pretty weak there

frame plates in (made these myself )

drivers side before going in (in 2 pieces thanks to lack of long enough plate)

rear springs hung, truck's weight is on them

axle hung ;D

steering arms up

she'll be rolling next weekend
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

lookin good man!
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast