Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Tank relocation

Re: Fuel Tank relocation

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    I think there was someone on TTORA selling the adapter to clock the case (could be wrong)
    I already have a Budbuilt clocking ring, was just waiting to do the tank mod before clocking. Now that Marlin sells adapter plates that are clocked, I might go a different route.

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    Will the stock tank not fit between the frame tails back there?
    The tank ia a reall weird shape, being very long an skinny, with one section quite deep, there is no way to fit it in the back...
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Looks good Bruce, were there any other potential donor candidates for the tank? Also any issues with the fuel pump and that tank?
    Diamond HP8 SAS / FROR Full Float Rear / DIY F&amp;R bumper / Nitto 285s / Gen1 SC (in progress)

Quote Originally Posted by 97kurt
    Looks good Bruce, were there any other potential donor candidates for the tank? Also any issues with the fuel pump and that tank?
    Any Ford F-series with dual tanks that is EFI will work....no issues with the Ford pumps .....
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

any new updates on this ? IM tired of my so called "high clearance" tank, lol
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

im with you ric. my biggest concern is keeping the fuel guage working, wiring, and how complicated all the hoses will be. i can see myself occasionally hitting the f150 tank where bruce put it. i was thinkn about cutting the floor in the back over the rear axle, putting in the f150 tank, or something else that works, and welding it in with the floor above all the stock crossmembers, or even cutting those crossmembers out and making new ones out of the way. that way the tank is half in the truck half out, no skid required.
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

But then you've got a big hole in the floor and reduced storage space in the vehicle. I think that if you brace and skid the F150 tank you should be good. You'd have to determine if the cost, weight and fab time is worth the mod though.

im not going to leave a hole in the floor.
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

bruce you dont have a body lift right?. i looked under my truck tonight. thers a few tin sopports built into the body for the cargo area...did you cut those out to mount higher?

I believe Bruce does have a body lift so I'm not sure if he had to trim out those supports. I did some measuring a while back and I am pretty sure I would have to do a lot of trimming to keep the tank from hanging to low.

But... Scott from Addicted offroad just did a SAS on his truck and is running this same tank with no body lift and it looks fine from what I can see.
    Diamond HP8 SAS / FROR Full Float Rear / DIY F&amp;R bumper / Nitto 285s / Gen1 SC (in progress)

Damn I would love to do this. How hard was it? basically just wiring and fabricating brackets ?
    1992 Toyota 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0 V6 5 Speed - It&#39;s Modified.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast