Thread: Lifted 4runners and Landcruisers in Japan

Lifted 4runners and Landcruisers in Japan

Just thought I kick up the Friday morning with some pics I found

97 4runner Limited<br />2wd---&gt;4wd Conversion

Re: Lifted 4runners and Landcruisers in Japan

4runners up top are alright, i dont like those huge window visors much though,

first landy is pretty cool

last two seriously took too much 80s gang movies in with those wheels
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by iceman601

[bling ignored] [/bling ignored]

That is a sweet rear hatch! What is at the bottom in the middle? Looks almost like lights?!

It looks ready for a rear swing out tire carrier/bumper!

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

if you look at the rear quarter panel, it has the studs for the rear tire carrier, it has just been removed. the door is meant to accept the carrier, much like the early 2nd gens in this country.

those wheels make me sick to my stomach. but the runners and cruisers are cool.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    if you look at the rear quarter panel, it has the studs for the rear tire carrier, it has just been removed. the door is meant to accept the carrier, much like the early 2nd gens in this country.

those wheels make me sick to my stomach. but the runners and cruisers are cool.
    That explains the three studs on the side. So the thing at the bottom of the hatch is where the locking mech for the tire carrier went.

It would be interesting to see the extra internal structure for 3rd gens with tire carries.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Here is the parts diagram for it

JDM
    [img width=800 height=605]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa238/SSR-G/frame.jpg[/img]

USDM
    97 4runner Limited<br />2wd---&gt;4wd Conversion

man they even put cans on their 4runners the first two runners are cool, but i didnt care for any of the wheels shown. Thanks for sharing! its still cool nonetheless to see what goes on in different parts
    -Ned<br /><br />1997 4Runner 4x4 3.4L V6 Black<br />OME/TRD Lift | 265 Pro comp MT | AR Bajas 16x8, Kenwood Excelon KDCx789 | Polk DB650 speakers | WabFab Discos | Other stuff<br />