Thread: Jardine Exhaust owners feedback

Jardine Exhaust owners feedback

Hi Guys

I know a few of you are running the Doug Thorley Jardine catback exhaust system on your trucks and I wanted to hear your experiences after having them installed.

Did they get really loud over time? How is the finish standing up?

I am looking to put this on my 98 3.4L with factory headers. I don't want loud, but I do want something a little more efficient in terms of power and fuel mileage

any feedback would be great

thanks
    <br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

Re: Jardine Exhaust owners feedback

I had this system on my truck and i had no complaints sound wise. However, the exhaust is routed a little high over the axle (at least mine was) and before i installed the 1" body lift the exhaust would contact the body on bumps. Pretty crappy cab noise. Very annoying. Everything was good after the 1" body lift though.
    Any of you like Guns? Hit me up for great prices! www.gunsupfirearms.com

Re: Jardine Exhaust owners feedback

I love the sound of mine but I also ran into the same problem with the pipe hitting the body. I ended up just bending the pipe slightly with a vice and that fixed it. But I think it sounds great and even better now since I added DT headers.
    ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿<br /> Wayne W.<br />2000 4Runner SR5<br />3&quot; Revtek Lift, 265/70R17&#039;s<br />Doug Thorley/Jardine Cat-Back &amp; Injen Intake<br />Doug Thorley Headers<br />Eclipse Head Unit &amp; 2 Phoenix Gold 12&#039;s<br />w/Phoenix Gold 500.2 &amp; custom box