Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glass Replacment Question

Re: Glass Replacment Question

On toyotapartsales.com, it shows two different tints: gray or green. How do i know if i have the gray or green factory tint...? Will a glass place or dealer be able to tell?

the dealer will be able to tell. I think the green is the one without tint and the gray is the one with tint?

Call them and ask which one has the tint.
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

Garrett, take your truck to a good glass replacement professional, they'll know right away when they see it which one you should to order. I didn't know there were different glass tints either until I went to a shop myself and the guy took one look at the windshield and knew right away which one I needed (that's when he told me about the other tint types).
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

I think he is trying to order factory glass. If he gets it form the dealer, there should only be 2 types of glass, tint or no tint.

I haven't had to replace the cargo area glass on mine so I'll be curious to hear what the answer is on this.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

good info for the inevitable, bob
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Here are some pics of his window.

After all the window stuff from the tree some dude on a 4wheeler backed into his door what an idiot I was seriously about to punch that guy.

oh man..that looks worse than you described! Good luck with the window situation.

some guy backed into your door???did u get his info? Did you run him over?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12