Thread: Wheeling Map?

Wheeling Map?

When did we get this? It's bad ass. Are we going to be able to add in wheeling areas/trails?

Wheeling Map

Will we be able to put in "gps tracks" for trails, i.e. the Mojave Road?
    My signature

Re: Wheeling Map?

I think they've been working on this for the past few months. Supposedly, you will eventually be able to add trails and such. I think they are still working on it though. Definitely a fantastic idea.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

At the very least we should have an area dedicated to share Trail maps, topo's, GPS coordinates.

thats pretty freaking cool, let us know when we can ad trails to it.
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

The only way to add info to it is through the admin backend. The intention was to set this up for trailhead meet ups, etc. I haven't found anything that permits user input - plus policing that would be a headache IMO.

We will put together a form of some sort that we'll accept input into.

I had forgotten all about that - it's been there since we first talked about it last year I think.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

we'd have to be sure what's added is legal, open, and for public consumption. rausch being on there, for example, is just fine. but up here we keep trail locations secret for a reason... the locust wheelers go to these trails and rip them apart, trash them, have fires and parties, and draw attention to themselves and make us all look bad until the trails are closed.

i can name 4 trails that were closed in the last 3-4 months alone.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

We have the exact SAME problem here Lee!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

that stinks, Im sure every state or area has a group that ruins it for the rest, trust me Denver has its share
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz