Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi-Lift Storage - Inside or Out?

Re: Hi-Lift Storage - Inside or Out?

Mine lives outside....

Cheers!!!<br /><br />~Nic~<br /><br />Sierra Expeditions<br />www.sierraexpeditions.com<br />1-866-507-4254<br /><br />Slightly Modified 2001 Dbl Cab Tacoma<br />Bantam BT3-C Expedition Trailer

I have the shorter model and it is inside behind the back seat. I live/play near the ocean a lot so since it fit inside and I had no place to mount it outside, that is just where it ended up. I have mine with me all the time since it is the only way for me to change a flat tire which has happened a time or 2.

I think if you have the space to put it out of the elements then it makes sense. If not then like said do good preventative maintanace on it.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I'm putting together a rear bumper and trying to make the Hi-lift fit but it's not going quite as well I'd like. I wanted to keep it fully assembled but it doesn't look like that will happen. I will either remove the base and copy what Bruce did on his latest bumper or it may go back inside for the time being.

The 48" bar actually fits nicely under the rear seats of the 2nd gen 4runner then I just store the other parts in my gear bag.

Hopefully I'll have something figured out with bumper storage next week.

93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

im all for keeping it in side

[img width=800 height=600]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee94/docadw/offroad/dec3107003.jpg[/img]
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

I usually have mine bolted to the front bumper for offroad excursions:

Here's mine. Been outside for about 6 months so far so good. Just keep it lubes and clean.
    1994 fzj80, factory locked,snorkel,
    MT stinger front, swing down rear,, cb, 37" km2s<br />1993 xtra cab... SOLD

Here's another pic
    1994 fzj80, factory locked,snorkel,
    MT stinger front, swing down rear,, cb, 37" km2s<br />1993 xtra cab... SOLD

My 60" just barely fits in my over the rails style tool box in the bed of my Tacoma.
    No pics.
    I've read if it needs lubed on the trail in a pinch to pee on it..

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

mine lived inside for a long time, but with my sub box on the side, i had to either set it cross ways (ruining my cargo area) or fold a seat down (ruining my passenger area)

now it lives outside. i always carry wd40 with me anyway, and i found i had to lube it every time even when it was in the truck.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I used lithium grease on mine (which I think it says not to) and it lives "in" my cargo area, but as I don't have any roof, or side, or windows, or doors, its basically outside. lol. It's always been there, it will always be there. lol.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12