Thread: 7.5" front diff shims

7.5" front diff shims

HELP - I've been told by 2 separate dealers now that the 2 part numbers I need are discontinued. they are for an '88 4runner front differential carrier bearing shims

p/n 90201-50014 - .1145 washer / shim
    p/n 90201-50020 - .1216 washer / shim

I was told the part numbers are good, but no longer available. If they are not available from the warehouse, could you run the number on the "parts locator" to see if any other dealers in the country have these? Thanks much

*edit* Maybe, although the parts aren't superceded to a new number, there is an alternate part that can be used (might not supercede if the thickness is slightly different, which I can work with at least)
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Re: 7.5" front diff shims

OK...give me a few and ill see if we can find some for you......at first search, it does look like the first number is no longer available....the second one, might be one left..but would have to check wharehouse.
    ill keep you posted
    Rafa<br />NTP Northridge Toyota<br />19950 Nordhoff st<br />Northridge Ca 91324<br />email @ Rafam@northridgetoyota.com<br />818 532-3653

Any help would be greatly appreciated

If you haven't gotten to it, don't worry about it. I ended up swapping shims from one housing to the other until I got the backlash I needed.

FYI - '82 celica Supra carrier bearing shims have the same O.D. as '88 4runner front diff carrier bearing shims and work just fine