Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got a new toy!

Re: Got a new toy!

i was at Bruce's this past sunday had my bumper fitted, i have to say i'm very impressed by that little parker, it cuts 3/16" plates with ease. too bad not many people can't afford a solid compressor at home to accommodate.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Wow forgot how old this thread is... just to add my little plasma torch is still working like a champ and I&#39;m slowly getting the hang of using it.

I guess I&#39;ll just keep adding to this thread as I aquire new shop equipment.

Here&#39;s my latest purchase

Just got it yesterday and now I have to transport it to my house, that will happen in a few weeks, since the current owner is gonna train me on the software to operate it. It&#39;s a Bridgeport Series 1 3-axis vertical mill, complete with computer, all software and spares
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Damn dude, so can I be the first hired employee to bruceTS fab or what ?
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Nice!

What can you do with a vertical mill? My dad has one in his shop that he uses to do one thing for his business and I always wondered what I could use it for. He uses it to groove a ledge in brass and bronze rod, which he used to send it to a machine shop to do. Now he has this mill so he doesn't have to, but I always wanted to know what I could use it for. His doesn't have a computer though.
    My signature

Manual or computer controlled milling machines usually mill a larger block of metal into something.

Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

just type Bridgeport mill in youtube and there are endless footage of one in action making parts resurfacing head for engines....just so many possibilities. The software included is BobCAD which I've never used before, used to using autocad, but it appears more user friendly. I'm going back up to Monterey next week to learn the system for a few days before I transport it back to my place.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Finally in my garage! Now to wire it up.... Things included is a 3HP rotary Phase converter, use to go from single phase 220v to 3 phase. A Dell desktop computer with flat screen monitor to interface with the mills computer. Plus too much other stuff to even list..... First project will be making a tubing bender, also plan to make the dies as well.

Awesome. Is that a 3 axis mill?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12