Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Firestik SS-204A Door Jam mount

Re: Firestik SS-204A Door Jam mount

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    ill sell you a cb mount if you want. lol.

i really dislike those firestik mounts...
    Now if you want to sell me a custom one like yours I would be interested.
    1997 4Runner 3.4L Auto 4x4

NP, i really like the magnet mounts on a 4runner, a small 3ft would do ya. Or a pc of steel bolted to the bumper would do too. Avys mount and antenna combo spring or no spring for some reason just had to much play. I watched his antenna whip all over the place driving 60 on the hwy and when I say whip it moved in 2ft circles and we couldnt believe it was still on there after the day.

Seans mount is killer, I really liked the idea and his is built well (so far as I can tell from the pics awhile back).

If you do drill into the body I would recommend self tapping screws and also EPOXYING it to the metal to help distribute the weight of an antenna bouncing about. Really recommend JB weld, you ever want to get it off it is possible and you can sand the stuff off too.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    NP, i really like the magnet mounts on a 4runner, a small 3ft would do ya. Or a pc of steel bolted to the bumper would do too. Avys mount and antenna combo spring or no spring for some reason just had to much play. I watched his antenna whip all over the place driving 60 on the hwy and when I say whip it moved in 2ft circles and we couldnt believe it was still on there after the day.

Seans mount is killer, I really liked the idea and his is built well (so far as I can tell from the pics awhile back).

If you do drill into the body I would recommend self tapping screws and also EPOXYING it to the metal to help distribute the weight of an antenna bouncing about. Really recommend JB weld, you ever want to get it off it is possible and you can sand the stuff off too.
    Thanks, Sean is sending me one of his so I'll take my time and make sure this gets done right. D

be in the mail in the morning!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Got it yesterday. Thanks! This will be really nice. Can't wait for it to warm up so I can paint it. Any more pics of yours installed or the process other than the couple I saw on some threads I've seen? David

i sent you an email with detailed instructions. let me know if you want me to send it again.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    i sent you an email with detailed instructions. let me know if you want me to send it again.

Those instructions are good. Thanks again, I'll get some pics up when I finish the install. D

yeah, my mount is actually quite a bit different than the one i sent you (mine being my first attempt.

i have a new revision coming out, feedback from guys like you and others with failed firestik mounts really help me to make changes. i will be adopting the new mount maybe as soon as the end of this week and testing it in death valley(maybe not, got alot of other stuff to do!)

here is the .doc of the instructions.

Thanks, I'll let you know how it works. School can be a BIHA*** so Ill try to get it set up soon. First comes my aux fusebox and in dash cb install. Then the mount and antenna. Back to work, D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123