Thread: Used Car Audio Values

Used Car Audio Values

Trying to clean some stuff up and simplify collections, this has led to a dilemma.

Having bass in a truck that does not get driven much, is loud and never drives far seems like a waste. Having bass in the DD truck makes sense. The bass in the one cannot move to the other.

So, I am thinking/hoping that bass in one can be converted to cash.

Ebay seems like a sleazy place for audio stuff, chance for scams, etc. Other than bro deals, what should a person do?

I have a good Eclipse sub in an enclosure that needs a new home. What percentage of original price is it worth in good condition? If it isn't really the best of the best, is it just a set value of a couple hundred?

Thanks.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Re: Used Car Audio Values

craigs list, mini nickel, or post around workplace/campus/etc.

Seems to get things sold pretty quick for me!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

In my experience cheese, car audio is pretty cheap used, you can get a couple hundred out of it if it isnt top of the line and not to old.... other than that, pretty worthless stuff.....
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Do you guys use www.kijiji.com ? The Canadian version kijiji.ca is extremely popular here.

It is run by ebay, but all listings are free and it is designed to compete with craigslist

Edit - just looked at Fort Collins area, doesn't seem to be much use of that site for Americans yet
    http://fortcollins.kijiji.com/ vs my local one here http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/ (1000s of items available in Canada)
    <br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

Working on recalling purchase price, desired price, etc.

Also posting on the local board, and since I am in a college town, calling around to people who know people.

For those who may know, now that it is sitting in the house, it is an Eclipse Aluminum dual 2 ohm 12" sub in a custom box. About 4 years old.

Thanks.
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Quote Originally Posted by 4LowLocked
    Do you guys use www.kijiji.com ? The Canadian version kijiji.ca is extremely popular here.

It is run by ebay, but all listings are free and it is designed to compete with craigslist
    FYI Graigslist, last time I checked, was owned by ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    Quote Originally Posted by 4LowLocked

FYI Graigslist, last time I checked, was owned by ebay.
    my appologies - i had looked at the craigslist site and didnt see anything pertaining to that
    http://www.craigslist.org/about/factsheet.html

I do know Kijiji is linked to off the bottom of the ebay homepage
    <br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

From the factsheet.

Q: Is there a connection between craigslist and eBay?
    A: eBay acquired 25% of the equity in craigslist from a former shareholder in august of 2004.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE