Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $20million first prize from Google

$20million first prize from Google

Okay guys, google is offering $20million to the first private team to send a rover to the moon, travel 500 meters and transmit video. If we could just get a 4runner up there.

http://www.googlelunarxprize.org/lunar/about-the-prize

Re: $20million first prize from Google

a "Rover"? I'd say it should be a Toyota, none of that british crap . . .

I nominate BruceTS's 4runner . . . we could all chip in for a bunch of model rocket engines, put some solid rubber tires on and strap an oxygen tank to the intake so the engine runs
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

"british crap"??? i guess you don't watch Top Gear, thoes Brits still think Rovers are the best in the world.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

you do realize that rover is the term used to describe a robot vehicle... ie the lunar rover...
    <br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

Quote Originally Posted by 4LowLocked
    you do realize that rover is the term used to describe a robot vehicle... ie the lunar rover...

yup, I get that. before you point it out, I also understand that a bunch of model rocket engines probably wouldn't even make the suspension move on one of our rigs. Maybe something like this, though?

BTW - I think this was on ebay earlier this year, those are dual GE T-58 turbines in a '91 MR2

Well maybe regular little model rocket motors wont lift a runner. But I'll just get my kid brother to make a couple dozen more of these, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H8Nn2AJ_oQ That should at least break gravity.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    yup, I get that. before you point it out, I also understand that a bunch of model rocket engines probably wouldn't even make the suspension move on one of our rigs. Maybe something like this, though?
    Now that's classic

is that Punky Brewster?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast