Thread: Ethos "Green" Fuel/Oil Additive?

Ethos "Green" Fuel/Oil Additive?

http://www.forearthonline.com/greenfuel/index.html

"Ethos Fuel Reformulator

Ethos is a unique combination of high-quality, specially designed esters that uses only the elements of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. Designed for use in all fossil fuels, it is an effective solution for the air pollution caused by internal combustion engines. Amazingly, everyone can personally benefit from this fantastic product because Ethos Fuel Reformulator significantly reduces fuel costs.
    Environment
    Reduces vehicle emissions by 30% or more. Moreover, Ethos is non-toxic, non-hazardous, free of carcinogens, and 99.99976% ash-less upon combustion.

Economy
    When added to both the fuel tank and crank case, Ethos increases fuel economy by 7% to 19%, but the savings doesn't stop there. Reducing friction producing heat increases the longevity of your engine and this means less downtime and lower repair costs.

Performance
    Dissolves gums and varnishes, lubricates upper cylinder components, and keeps the entire fuel system clean."

Quoted from product page of above web address.

Anybody ever hear(or used) of the stuff? I always get skeptical when increases in anything are listed in precentages.
    -Matt<br /><br />1988 4Runner, 22re, 5spd<br />1994 Mustang Cnvt, 302, 5spd

Re: Ethos "Green" Fuel/Oil Additive?

http://www.fuelsaving.info/ethos.htm

I have yet to see any of these "amazing" products do anything that they say they will.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

when gas prices go up, you always see stuff like this come out, touting some kind of miracle benefit. that said, i have not researched it, but following my first statement, i'm not wasting my time researching it.

I heard about this stuff at work a while ago. The shop where I used to work was an Autocar dealer and one of our major customers was Allied Waist. The shop foreman at Allied used Ethos in all their engine oil and diesel fuel. I guess it really made a difference in fuel economy for them. Even a small increase in fuel economy is really worth it when you have so many trucks.

A couple of the mechanics at my shop used ethos in their Banshees as two stroke oil. They always said that they noticed a difference there too. The only problem they reported was that the exhaust fumes from using ethos were really pungent and would make your eyes water and burn if you were riding behind them.

Also I've heard that to demonstrate is non toxicity, sales reps always drink a shot glass of the stuff during a presentation.
    &#039;81 pickup, longbed bobbed short, 35&quot; Yoko&#039;s and tons of other goodies. 4.7 gear T-case. NEW: 20r/22r hybrid motor!<br /><br /><br />I done ran into my baby and finally found my old blue jean<br />Well, I could tell that they was mine from the oil and the gasoline