Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allergy season is here!!!!

Re: Allergy season is here!!!!

try a spoon full of honey from the local area everyday.
    it lets your body build up immunetys to the pollen.
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Quote Originally Posted by randver
    Interesting idea...maybe I'll give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    you guys are lucky that Claritin works for you! For some reason or another, it has zero effect on me, good or bad.

The OTC decongestant, pseudoephedrine, makes me super loopy. I get the full side effects. Nervous and twitchy, it's a feeling that I simply do not like.

I read about a new medication that's out, 3rd gen antihistamine, Xyzal. Seems to be a bit better than Zyrtec, very similar chemical structure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levocetirizine

I've got the name of an allergist one of my coworkers uses and hopefully will be able to get in soon and figure this crap out!!!
    Yeah, I get some of those side effects too. They seem to be the least bad with Claritin for me though.

One thing that I did find that helps is one of those sinus rinse gizmos. Basically you flush out your sinuses with warm salt water. You shoot it up one nostril and it comes out the other. Seems gross, and well it is but I've found that it helps quite a bit. You can get them at any CVS store or Walgreens.
    ~Kyle<br /><br />2004 Xcab Tacoma 4x4, diff locker, mostly stock for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Skrillah
    Quote Originally Posted by randver
    Interesting idea...maybe I'll give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    you guys are lucky that Claritin works for you! For some reason or another, it has zero effect on me, good or bad.

The OTC decongestant, pseudoephedrine, makes me super loopy. I get the full side effects. Nervous and twitchy, it's a feeling that I simply do not like.

I read about a new medication that's out, 3rd gen antihistamine, Xyzal. Seems to be a bit better than Zyrtec, very similar chemical structure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levocetirizine

I've got the name of an allergist one of my coworkers uses and hopefully will be able to get in soon and figure this crap out!!!
    Yeah, I get some of those side effects too. They seem to be the least bad with Claritin for me though.

One thing that I did find that helps is one of those sinus rinse gizmos. Basically you flush out your sinuses with warm salt water. You shoot it up one nostril and it comes out the other. Seems gross, and well it is but I've found that it helps quite a bit. You can get them at any CVS store or Walgreens.
    Yup, I flush my nostril as well with that. I was told a 50/50 mixture of baking soda and salt (without iodine). Works great for a bit, but only holds off allergies for 20 mins or so.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12