Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeler: 2001 4runner with mods, lifted, locked, and what not, trade LC/Lexus lx

Re: Feeler: 2001 4runner with mods, lifted, locked, and what not, trade LC/Lexus lx

im really not trying to be a dick but... did you ever even wheel this 4runner? i mean as much as the mods indicate? i dont mean once or twice or 5 times. i mean did you challenge the truck and modify as you went so you could learn their value and appreciate what your truck could do better as a result?

id like to see pics because im always waiting to see pics of this thing on a trail run and i never see any
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Re: Feeler: 2001 4runner with mods, lifted, locked, and what not, trade LC/Lexus

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    Blake, I'm not intending to say you're making a bad decision
    i am.

Re: Feeler: 2001 4runner with mods, lifted, locked, and what not, trade LC/Lexus lx

BLake, not trying to jump on any bandwagons here, nor do I think there is any 'pick on blake' or 'attack blake' clubs, I think a lot of your decisions ask for a good bit of negative criticism, and I know you dont like to hear it, no one does, but you have to learn to handle it, take it in, and use it. Often times the negative criticisms can be your biggest helpers.

The only point I came in here to make is that I too have often wondered if you ever challenge the truck at its stages of development.
    By now, its a pretty nice pretty built rig, lockers front and rear, all the 4WD conversion, its pretty built. But did you wheel it along the way of its transformation?

Like with my '84, I wheeled it stock, on 31's. I wheeled it a lot. probably 25 times in 8 months.
    Then I got a lift, and 33's. I wheeled it probably 15 times in 4 months this way and saw how much better it was than before.
    Then I got a welded rear, and sliders and a tube bumper up front and my tube doors. I have been wheeling it this way for about 6 months now.
    I wheel it a LOT. I know not everyone (including yourself) has the time, money, or inclination to wheel every weekend like I do. But I try to get to Morris Mtn, Tellico, Gray Rock, Aetna, somewhere, EVERY weekend. It doesnt always happen, but more often than not....

I've learned a LOT about my truck, and more importantly about myself through these wheeling experiences, that I dont think I would have learned, if I just let it sit and drove it to the mall while I was waiting on all the best parts.

Would I like to have dual cases? Sure.
    Chromoly Longs? Definitely.
    Better Springs? Of course.
    Front locker? Who doesn't?

But I know these things come in time, and I think its very important to wheel your truck along the way. That way you can truly appreciate the money and time you have in your junk to see how much you can improve it.

Anyway, I dont think its the best idea, but you didnt ask for my opinions... so...

I wish you luck in whatever it is you decide to do, both with school and the truck.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Various posts by neliconcept
    Give me some ideas, ill take em...

i know im making the right decision and no one can ever tell me other wise...

[I'm doing this anyway...] thanks for all the help though...

is anybody getting that part of my posts into their head yet?

what money i make for my mods is my business.

i know what most are thinking, im a spoiled rich kid who doesnt know the value of a dollar.

no it isnt high school, but thats the way im interpreting it.

ok lets get this straight, id take you more seriously if you didnt have a snide ass remark...

shizzle like that pisses me off more then anything. I ask for straight shooter responses...

instead you make about 10 ****ing posts that say that one damn sentence with a bunch of bullshit in between and make this thread totally ****ing useless

why am I pissed? because out of every ****ing thread ive had for ideas or doing a conversion or whatever else ive done, ive had you or others come badger the ******* out of me and give me the most bullshit repsonse that anyone could give. im out of here.

ill let you all know when im done, no more from me on out
    I don't want to burn any bridges here, but seriously it seems that the quotes above are a good summary or your threads lately Blake... If you post a thread asking for people's opinions, you can't get pissed when those opinions don't agree with what you wanted to hear. Going from converting to 4wd with stock components (was advised against, done anyway...) to a straight axle swap and twin-turbo setup with super exotic top-of-the-line components to run the Ultimate Adventure and a sponsored round-the-world trip, to a somewhat more down to earth SAS, to just selling the rig and getting a 100-series Landcruiser or Lexus. Is it any mystery why people wonder WTF is going on in your head?

You've gotten a lot of good advice from some experienced people here. Listening to what they have to say may be hard, but they're not talking out of their asses. I personally trust the guys on here give me good advice.
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

ok going to be as blunt as possible without getting defensive.

in my opinion, opinions are statements about what one is thinking, attacks are remarks made in a destructive manner which makes me feel uncomfortable to even post much up.

This thread isnt, do i want opinions on whether i should sell or not.. Its a thread about, is anyone interested in trading or taking this truck thread.

Does anyone really understand my frustration about that comparison?

thank you
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

I get that, and you are probably right, we shouldnt clutter this thread up with our opinions about you selling, and for that I apologize.

and yes I'll take your truck....

...for $1000
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Perhaps you are right, Blake.

However, keep in mind that this is a public forum and as a result you will get posts such as you have seen.

Also, keep in mind that these posts that others and myself have created are a result of your several threads where friendly advice or suggestions are given in hopes that you would avoid a situation such as this. You did not listen to what people had to say, and you are now selling your truck, and will lose a lot of money in the process.

To be honest Blake, people (including myself) are a bit tired of all this, hence my posts. All we see is someone who can't make up his mind and is throwing money out the window. It has or will get to a point where no one will want to deal with you because you clearly don't listen to what they have to say.

If you can't take these 'attacks' on the web, then how are you going to take 'attacks' in person? You WILL have every aspect of your life challenged at some point, it's better to learn how to take them in stride instead of running from them.

If you feel we are wrong, then defend it, don't whine about how you're being attacked and how it makes you feel like not posting.

Once again, do as you please, but you are wrong if you expect people to not say anything if things continue down this road.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

also keep in mind, im looking for straight trade, or if i sell it, enough money to fund a lc100 of good mileage without money out of my pocket, im not going to let it go easy.

so i may not end up selling it

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    Perhaps you are right, Blake.

However, keep in mind that this is a public forum and as a result you will get posts such as you have seen.

Also, keep in mind that these posts that others and myself have created are a result of your several threads where friendly advice or suggestions are given in hopes that you would avoid a situation such as this. You did not listen to what people had to say, and you are now selling your truck, and will lose a lot of money in the process.

To be honest Blake, people (including myself) are a bit tired of all this, hence my posts. All we see is someone who can't make up his mind and is throwing money out the window. It has or will get to a point where no one will want to deal with you because you clearly don't listen to what they have to say.

If you can't take these 'attacks' on the web, then how are you going to take 'attacks' in person? You WILL have every aspect of your life challenged at some point, it's better to learn how to take them in stride instead of running from them.

If you feel we are wrong, then defend it, don't whine about how you're being attacked and how it makes you feel like not posting.

Once again, do as you please, but you are wrong if you expect people to not say anything if things continue down this road.
    Oly, no offense but you are reading way too much into ever post i have ever put up. In my opinion, i have paved a road for those who may want to change their truck who have 2wds and have too much invested to trade up and maintained it too well.

thats besides the point, you are bringing other crap up that should not even be posted.

Here is my opinion, if you dont want to deal with me, then get the hell out.

Im here asking for inquiries, this is a for sale section, if i remember right, i think the rules might have stated to keep the bullshit out of this section? maybe i didnt read into it.

I have had one inquirey on the mud forum, maybe thats where i should stick to for now on.

damn, i like this boat...

Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    Here is my opinion, if you dont want to deal with me, then get the hell out.
    FYI, in case you haven't noticed, David is on staff here. He's not going anywhere unless it's his choice... Maybe it's time for you to take a break, do some personal reflection, calm down, come to your senses, and participate in some friendly dialogue? These "attacks" that you refer to are NOT attacks. They are nothing more than friendly advice from slightly older, more experienced people who don't necessarily see you go down a path full of mistakes. That's why you get the comments that you do - it's because people are TRYING TO HELP YOU! When will you wake up and realize that?!?!?!! Life's lessons are hard enough. Why not listen to some of the people who have "been there, done that" and not repeat some of the same ones over again. Nobody is out to get you or make you look like a fool. People offer alternatives to your ideas or play "devil's advocate" to help ensure that you don't make mistakes. If people wanted to see you fail, then we'd all just sit back and keep our comments to ourselves and then point fingers and laugh when you trip on your own shoe laces.
    -andy

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast