Thread: Uniden CB Users with PA

Uniden CB Users with PA

HI Guys,

I have hooked my Uniden Pro538W finally in my truck along with my K40 Mag mount antenna. Yesterday I hooked my PA speaker up as well and have been noticing once in a while, the radio transmissions come out through the PA rather than the front speaker on the unit. Also, occasionally, I get short bursts of static through the PA.

This is when Im in CB mode rather than PA mode (switch on front)

Has anyone else experienced this?
    <br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

Re: Uniden CB Users with PA

What do need a PA for ? When someone speaks to me on A PA I give them the

I have a PA on mine just for fun and have never had any issues like you are explaining. YOu may have a bad switch if it is an intermitant problem.

Usually the smart a$$ things I say do infact result with one of my friends giving me the
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

I had the same radio before the 4runner. If you turn the volume all the way up and the sequech (or maybe it was the rf) the speaker is quite except for what comes through the mic.

For those wondering about the PA, why not have one. In fact I was unimpressed with the 6 watt one for the Uniden so I bought an amp and 100 watt Code 3 police siren/speaker. Talk about loud and useful. The PA controller also had an air horn button which was fun. I sold the speaker when I sold the truck but kept the PA controller. I have toyed with the idea of putting it one the 4runnner but want to find a small slim speaker. Problem is the controller is the size of a CB and it has a mic. It ould be nice to hook it into my current in dash CB.

This is the model of PA horn that Im using - its an 8ohms 12 watt (uniden recommends a 7watt)

http://www.durhamradio.com/th55fp-pl...te-707061.html

It is very clear at half volume and can be heard easily about 100-200 ft away. Crank it right up and it gets fun

Thanks for the feedback (pardon the pun) guys. I am going to try cleaning the connections again when i get my poor truck back from repair which is hopefully tonight

Btw - if others are looking for something like this, you can always check out
    http://www.hornblasters.com/products...ry.php?class=2

(check the vids sections too - i was laughing sooooo hard)
    <br />98 4Runner Limited<br />1999 Suzuki GSXR750 - Sold Apr/08

I don't think you have to take the radio apart to clean connections. You have to turn up the squelch until you can't hear anything coming from the speaker, then talk. The bursts are from electrical interferance. I have had 3 radios and they all do it. I have feedback and bursts from my electrical fan, door locks, horn, etc. You can get the rf filters from radio shack. You would have to get 2, one for the power line and one for ground. They work alright but I wouldn't buy them again. Or you can run the power and ground wires directly to the battery through their own hole in the fire wall, this way they is less chance of interference from other electrical.