Thread: Okay, who has a PIPE bender? (not tube)

Okay, who has a PIPE bender? (not tube)

anyone have a die for bending pipe? I want to make a bumper and "sliders" for my '04 Tacoma. Purely looks, no point. Its a DD and never leaves the street. It tows my '84 everywhere, and I want to give it some looks, but want to do it CHEAP! So... who can bend pipe in the southeast?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Re: Okay, who has a PIPE bender? (not tube)

go buy a HF special, they are currently on sale and there's a 15% off coupon.....
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Get some Schedule 80 pipe.

It'll work better than you think it will.

For the size stuff you are looking for, sch 80 is going to be thicker than most sliders etc... that you see out there today.

Its just going to be LOTS heavier.

Scroll down to the thickness table

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schedule_80
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    go buy a HF special, they are currently on sale and there's a 15% off coupon.....
    Link Bruce?

Thanks for the info Issac!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

-I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

Schedule 80 pipe will be heavy and thus cost probably twice as much as steel is sold by the pound these days.

SCH STD (40 in most cases) is MORE than sufficient and will be cheaper, since you will be paying by the pound.

I'd recomment 1 1/4" (almost 1.75" OD and 0.140" wall ) or 1 1/2" pipe (almost 2" OD and 0.145 wall).

Here is a good pipe schedule chart.
    http://www.engineersedge.com/pipe_schedules.htm

Quote Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
    Schedule 80 pipe will be heavy and thus cost probably twice as much as steel is sold by the pound these days.

SCH STD (40 in most cases) is MORE than sufficient and will be cheaper, since you will be paying by the pound.

I'd recomment 1 1/4" (almost 1.75" OD and 0.140" wall ) or 1 1/2" pipe (almost 2" OD and 0.145 wall).

Here is a good pipe schedule chart.
    http://www.engineersedge.com/pipe_schedules.htm

I agree 100%. My front bumper is sch 40 and it has taken a beating without a problem.
    [quote author=fustercluck link=topic=2107.msg22283#msg22283 date=1188483178]<br />I&#39;m with Intrepid, there&#39;s no use making a project out of it.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Mistakes: Perhaps it is the purpose of your life to serve as an example to others.

Just come up here and well make a simple tube bumper. Pipe costs as much as tubing right now.
    97 runner and 02 tundy