Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What OBD reader do you use?

Re: What OBD reader do you use?

auterra. i have a cable for a palm V/Vx $10 shipped. i now use a treo 700p for it

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_98SR5
    auterra. i have a cable for a palm V/Vx $10 shipped. i now use a treo 700p for it
    How do you find the Auterra? I'm gonna be in the process of buying a scanner for codes and such but I figure I could spend a few more bucks and get something of the sort.

Do you find you use a lot of the functions? And how is when it comes to the diagnosis and such?

Quote Originally Posted by firebane
    How do you find the Auterra? I'm gonna be in the process of buying a scanner for codes and such but I figure I could spend a few more bucks and get something of the sort.

Do you find you use a lot of the functions? And how is when it comes to the diagnosis and such?
    The Auterra is about the best there is if you take price, portability and functions all into account. The BR-3 is usually the best bang for the buck, but you're chained to a laptop vs a PDA (unless you get the USB version) and even then the BR-3 doesn't support the CAN function which will be the standard in newer vehicles.

You can see all the Auterra basic OBD functions here:
    http://www.auterraweb.com/scantoolsoftware.html

The more advanced functions here:
    http://www.auterraweb.com/dynosoftware.html

I wouldn't trade my Auterra for any other reader out on the market right now.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12