How do YOU bbq corn on the cob

Chunk of butter
    Table spoon or so of olive oil
    Pepper
    Lawry's seasoned salt
    A couple drops of hot sauce
    Garlic powder
    Anything else that looks good

Combine melted butter and everything else into a small bowl.

Remove husk and silk. Place bare corn directly on the grill. Spoon some of the butter concoction onto the corn. Let cook until bottom is golden brown and rotate corn 90 degrees. Spoon more butter concoction onto corn. Repeat until corn is golden brown all the way around.

So that's how I do it. I've read in lots of places to either wrap the bare corn in foil or soak the husks in water. My question is why does one need to wrap it in anything?

So let's hear your recipes for corn.

-------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Re: How do YOU bbq corn on the cob

I leave the husk on........
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Husk on, but I soak the corn and husk in water for about 15 minutes before the grill. 5 minutes on a hot fire mmmmmmmm

That sounds pretty good. Best corn on the cob I've ever had was down in New Orleans. It was grilled with some sort of Cajun seasoning...that stuff was awesome!

My guess for wrapping the corn in foil is just so it retains some of the moisture as it cooks, but that's just a guess. I've never tried to grill corn before.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    Husk on, but I soak the corn and husk in water for about 15 minutes before the grill. 5 minutes on a hot fire mmmmmmmm
    Me too.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

i do it very similar if i have the time to stand over the grill to baste it and watch it so it doesn't flare up and burn. if i'm just putting some chicken on to slow cook and we put some corn with it, i'll just check in on it every so often. when i do that, i still shuck it, clean it, coat it with the butter/oil/seasoning mix, then i'll wrap all that up in foil and put it on the grill. it still has the same great taste, but you don't have to worry about the butter/oil flare-up making it look like a hunk of charcoal.
    -andy

Ah, it's so you don't have to babysit it, then. I see.
    Steve

yup. that, and you don't have to use as much marinade/seasoning since you don't have to baste it multiple times. the only downside is that you don't get the smoky charcoal grill flavor as much as when their "nekkid" on the grill.
    -andy

Peel husk back, pull out the silk, add salt and pepper, and throw it on the grill. When the corn is in season here, it's so good that it's almost a shame to put anything else on it. For those that want it with butter, I just spin the hot corn on a stick of butter.

Edit: Just so you know, this thread would be perfect for the Cooking Section.
    My signature

There's a cooking section!?!?!
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast