Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to get a good replacement CV joint

Re: Where to get a good replacement CV joint

I checked advance and they didn't have any in stock and I didn't want to wait so I went with NAPA instead. I think as long as they have exchange warranty then it should ok.
    [url=http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=1 592.0]

thats cool

im sure it is just fine, no worries. theyre all basically the same.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Just bought one at advanced a couple hours ago for 75$ after tax. . . . i didnt know they had a AAA discount so i am kicking myself haha
    99 Toy 4Runner<br />Retrofitted elocker, lockrite up front<br />4:88s<br />35&#039;s with 2.5&quot; lift<br />Custom front bumper with Milemarker 8k pound winch

Quote Originally Posted by randver
    NAPA has a good AAA discount
    you can get a 10% discount at just about any parts store. In Norfolk VA (heavy military presence) most chains offered a military discount. I've always just asked if I could get a discount, if they ask why, I work at"XYZ Garage" and don't feel like ordering it through work (far enough away that they won't have an account or know anyone working there)
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

NAPAs AAA discount is better then there military discount.
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    123?? thats... pretty expensive. i only paid 80-something for the one i got at advance
    Did both front CVs on mine from Advance too.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Talk to older people about AAA. My parents are members, but no one close to my age is. Get the number and their last name and you're golden.

I ordered some sway bar end links from Autopartsgiant.com ... still waiting. The stuff I ordered from Advance came in a few days and was $20 cheaper than NAPA. I ordered SeaFoam and a fuel filter.
    96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson

i'm a AAA member... have been since i was 16.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Doh! (pulls foot out of mouth)
    96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson

If you're mechanically inclined enough to remove and re-install your CV, you should be able to manage rebuilding it with new boots, which will save you tons of cash. Yeah, it's a little messy, but the Toyota CV's are way better than aftermarket in my opinion.
    2002 4Runner, Auto-A340F, 3.4L, 4.30 Gears<br />TJM T15 Front Bumper &amp; Warn M8000, 4xInnovation sliders, Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift, Toytec LCA Skids, Tundra Brake Upgrade (231mm), Extended rear diff breather,&nbsp; Deckplate Mod, Andymod, Dual batt setup with Optima blue top aux battery, Hardwired 1000W inverter, Aux fuse box, Full time power to 12V plugs, Yaesu FT7800R Radio, &quot;4-air&quot; system for airing up/down tires.<br /><br />2004 Camry LE - stock (and will stay that way)<br /><br />1993 4Runner has been sold

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast