Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show me your jugs

Show me your jugs

Water jugs that is. I tossed my trusty Reliance 7 gallon water jug
    http://relianceproducts.com/consumer/product/11.html
    It started leaking on the bottom, it was old, so I chucked it. I want to replace it but with something a little stronger. It was nice because it held more than 5 gallons, had a valve on it and was thick plastic. What I don't want is something that is thin or square. I liked being able to slide it in between things in the cargo area. The short square ones have a large footprint and are hard to put on top or under other cargo. I also want to stay away from metal cans.

So what do you suggest? I'm thinking that because of my constraints and small cargo area I may end up with a collapsable. I just don't like how floppy and weak they are. They also tend to have a chessy and cheap valve on them.

Re: Show me your jugs

What about the Scepter water jugs? Anyone have or try them? I remember Scottiac having some and saying that they leaked. I want them to be leak free especially while semi-full in the cargo area while on trail. Any good places to check for pricing?

I use the Scepter 10L water jugs in the back of the 4runner for about 4 years now, never a leak. About to buy a 20L for the rear swing away. They are not the most convenient to use but the 10L's aren't too bad. They are very strong and I find them to seal very well, more important qualities to me than ease of use since I spend much more time hauling than using. I take my reliance 10L when the campground has water for daily use but don't trust it for transport.

Some people say the Scepters leak, never had that problem with either my gas or water cans yet. I highly recommend the Scepters.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Tourist

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    Water jugs that is.
    Oh. Oh well, nevermind then.
    '96 4Runner SR5 4x4, manual, e-locker, manual hubs too. Stuff happened to it. Stuff is still happening to it.
    '99 4Runner SR5 Highlander, manual w/locker. Stuff is starting to happen to this one too...but not too much stuff.
    http://www.yotatech.com/f200/habaner...thread-201751/
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco View Post
    Sometimes guys like to be treated like princesses too!

Rob,

Where did you buy yours? I'm going to buy one or two in the near future.

bob

They have them on several different sites if you do a search. All the sites are new to me and I don't know if certain ones deserve the business over others.

Mike,

I picked up my Scepter cans here:

http://www.equipt1.com

Great customer service too! I picked up 3 fuel cans and one of them got shipped with the wrong cap and he took care of sending me the replacement at no charge.
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    Rob,

Where did you buy yours? I'm going to buy one or two in the near future.

bob
    My buddy picked them up for me at a Rover Shop in Torrance when we are on a tight time line preparing for our Mojave road trip.

Here is one place that sells them for a reasonable price - http://www.brigadeqm.com/cgi-bin/tam...am?rlk=1026711

I'll be ordering some this week so I'll let you know how I make out.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

i have used the Scepters ones for 12 yrs with the military and the only problem we ever really had is breaking off the air vent so they leak from them. but we also throw them around all the time and treat them worse then most people will ever treat there own. i have a 5g and 2.5g Scepters water can that i use for my self when camping and always take the 2.5g can when i go off roading.

never had any problems with the gas cans and we treated them almost as bad as the water cans.
    just because you&#39;ve always done it that way doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s not incredibly stupid.<br /><br />1999 4x4 SR5 4runner<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=1 081.0

^ x's 2

The vents were the only thing we had problems with. All our other ones worked fine unless driven over by a 26 ton AAV, oops. All ours had to lay on their sides as well to fit in the vehicle and still did great.
    My signature

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast