Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Show me your jugs

Re: Show me your jugs

I think I'm going to get the Specters from Brigade Quartermasters. They seem to have decent shipping. Now to get one or two?

Thanks again for the help and suggestions.

Rob,

Thanks for the recommendation.

To all: anyone use the Scepter pump?

bob,

no pump here but I just use the super siphon. I also have the spout but I don't use that one. The siphon gets the job done.

https://www.expeditionexchange.com/c...0&cat=0&page=1
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

im considering this for extra biodiesel or wvo storage (whichever i go with...still mulling on that one), but i need a pump to get the golden goodness into the tank. ive see this device that uses a standard drill to pump fuel, so that might be the one i pursue as the low buck option if this scepter one does not work or is too pricey for what its worth

FYI

I just tried to buy 3 of the Scepter MFCs and nozzle from Brigade Quartermaster. They took my order online as usual but then a day later I got this response:

"Thank you for your recent order. I regret to inform you that the fuel cans and all parts/ accessories pertaining to the cans are restricted. They have been restricted nationwide and cannot ship to any state unless they are purchased by a Government purchase. Due to this fact, unfortunately we had to cancel the order. We apologize for the inconvenience and if there is anything else that we can help you with please let us know

Thank You,
    Customer Service
    Brigade Quartermasters"

I just called and talked to Paul at www.equipt1.com and he doesn't have any either. Scepter as a company has stopped shipping to US distributors in Dec 2007.

BTW, if you already have a MFC and need a nozzle you can use the water can nozzle no problem. It threads on perfectly and works on vehicle filler openings. These you can still buy.

Anyone else have any luck in buying any MFCs recently?
    84 Xcab: 38&quot;TSL/D44/4.56/ARB/350/4L60E/2.28/2.28/ARB/4.56/D60 (gone, sigh)<br />01 WJ 32s solids F&amp;R

There has been a restriction on fuel cans. Something about sealing and not letting vapors get into the air. If you look around most stores that have gas cans use a funky filler nozzle. I had to buy couple and have been disappointed. I think I'm going to swipe an old one my dad has and keep my eye out on craigslist and garage sales. I think there is a thread somewhere on UY regarding the restriction. It may have only included CA though.

FWIW I didn't get an email regarding my water jug.

Yeah, I heard that about the scepter fuel cans. I was waiting to hear if you guys would have any luck. I ended up getting the nato cans from cheaper than dirt.

Regarding the CARB compliant fuel cans, that's been the law for years in CA now and it's spreading to other states too. What the idiots don't realize is the good cans don't leak all over the place like the carb compliant ones do.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

I think there was a thread about the NATO cans and not being able to get thme shipped to CA. SO if you had a NATO can strapped to the back of your rig could you get a ticket? Weither or not it is old or new or if it was brought into the state after the law?

The new carb compliant ones don't seem to fit my filler neck too well. The spout, from my older cans, seem to fit the newer ones. So I carry a newer can and just put the older spout on when needed.

My shipment came today, about a week and a half wait. Anyways, I only ordered one and it's nice. I've been fondling my new jug this evening and found that it's very high quality. It's got some weight to it even when empty which is good because the old one was thin and flimsy. I filled it and put it on it's side and I must report that my new upgraded jug doesn't have any embarrassing leaks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast