Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What air compressor do you have?

Re: What air compressor do you have?

I'll definately be getting a 2-stage next time. The single stage ones are so loud my poor 3 yr old son nearly jumps out of his skin every time he's nearby and it kicks on. That price of $499 for those specs on both the Sears and the Kobalt are a great deal.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

I gotta upgrade mine cause for a blast cabinet and a plasma mine won't keep up.

Hey let us how you like it when you get it, no matter which one you decide on

Glad I could help!
    :Marko:<br />
    Supercharged[COLOR=Sienna] 98 4Runner SR5 4x4 3.4L<br />315cc Injectors :: 4&quot; Deckplate :: TrueFlow Air Intake System :: Magnaflow 18&quot; Muffler w/ Resonator<br />XM Sat Radio (Roady XT) :: Autometer Boost Gauge :: Color Keyed Spoiler<br />
    <br /><br />
    TOYOTA|moving forward

I have an ancient Craftsman 220V. I want to say it is a 20 gallon. It works well and is quiet but rather slow and too small. Good for a portable though and I got it for free so that helps me like it a lot
    1987 Toyota 4Runner<br />Specs Here: 4Runner Page

Quote Originally Posted by TDiddy
    That's alot like the one I have. It'll be VERY noisy (because it's an oil-less single stage compressor), but the CFM should be enough to run almost any air tool you might need.....pretty good price too.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Yeah, the noise is the only downside. Maybe 7 years ago we got my dad a 30 gal craftsman, very similar to that one - just can't remember what we paid for it.

I have a 33 gal Craftsman compressor similar to the one your gonna get Tom, if I could do it over, I would spend a little more and get a 60 or 80 gallon 2 stage compressor.

My oil less one is just wayyyyyy too loud.
    Milton<br />01 Tacoma access cab 4x4 <br />08 Tacoma Doublecab 4x4

How does this one look? I might buy it soon:

http://www.campbellhausfeld.net/weba...egory_rn=10537
    <br />97 4Runner SR5 Blue - 124k miles, E-Locker, Armorology front/rear bumpers &amp; sliders, BudBuilt skidplate+belly, MTR 285/75/16s, 2&quot; Tundra/OME Lift, 1&quot; 4Crawler Bodylift, 1&quot; diff drop, Black Aluminum Wheels, Cobra CB<br />99 4Runner SR5 Black - 48k miles, E-Locker, Daily Driver<br />06 Baby Girl - a zillion diapers and counting, Sleepless Mod, Cute Mod<br />

Here is mine. It works well and came with some tools (impact, ratchet and hammer/chisel) As stated by others it's louder than crap and kicks on too much for my taste. Never mind 3 year olds, I jump out of my skin half the time when it kicks on. But it does what I need it to do and it was reasonably cheap at $300.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes
    Less is more

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast