Thread: I'm IN!!

I'm IN!!

Tig Welding class that is. at my local community college, because there are only 5 seats available each semester, and at least 50 applications, i was kept out of it for the last 2 semesters. the cost? $34 including registrition, student health. parking sticker: $60, ouch...
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Re: I'm IN!!

Dang, nice deal! That should be fun.
    Brian

Cool. What school and what are they teaching?

My local CC requires a very extensive Oxy and Stick coarse before any others. I know thats the way to do it but I just cant commit that kind of time right now.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

basic gas welding or stick welding were required prioir taking the Tig. we had short-term programs available for just 8 weeks.

if you take Oxy/Acet courses first, it's a very easy transition over to Tig. the TA in my gas welding class was a cool dude, a full time professional welder who teaches evening school. at the end of the class, he tought me and few others the basics of Tig for few times, that helped me made my mind that i got to get the Tig.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.