Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom 3rd gen 4Runner CB antenna mount

Custom 3rd gen 4Runner CB antenna mount

I have decided to produce and sell these brackets as I feel there is a deficit of quality, purpose built CB antenna mounts for the 3rd generation 4runners. These brackets mount under the rubber pad for the rear door (requiring minor modification with a sanding drum on a Dremel) and use 2 additional screws to ensure a solid mounting to the body.

I have been using a 4 foot Firestik II antenna for a full year with this mount, without a spring, and never had either the antenna break or the mount fail. Fully welded of 1/8th inch steel and powder coated by Loudin’s, a fellow member and sponsor of this site. Help support both of us and get in return a quality, hand crafted, and purpose built mount that was designed for the vehicle.

I built mine out of total frustration with the generic door jamb mount that was never intended for a vehicle that has a lift up rear door. This mount pushes the antenna away from the door, keeping it away from being hit by the door during normal operation, while keeping it close enough to the vehicle to prevent it being ripped off by trees on the trail.

Each bracket comes with satin black powder coat, all the necessary mounting hardware, detailed instructions, and Firestik antenna hardware. $40 + shipping costs, an amazing deal considering the worthless Firestik mount is sold for 21 dollars and does not work well for our vehicle.

here is the catch, i need at least 5 people to order to get you that price. i will give this 2 weeks to soak and collect interest. thank you for your time!
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: Custom 3rd gen 4Runner CB antenna mount

I'm in! This will work out great as I've just been trying to figure out where to mount my own Firestik...yep count me.
    ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿ ¿<br /> Wayne W.<br />2000 4Runner SR5<br />3&quot; Revtek Lift, 265/70R17&#039;s<br />Doug Thorley/Jardine Cat-Back &amp; Injen Intake<br />Doug Thorley Headers<br />Eclipse Head Unit &amp; 2 Phoenix Gold 12&#039;s<br />w/Phoenix Gold 500.2 &amp; custom box

cool! thanks for the interest. ill put you down on the list.

any other takers?

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

back on top for the weekend crew. so far i have 2 takers, anyone else?

Hmmm...that does look like a great design. Let me think on that one...
    ~Kyle<br /><br />2004 Xcab Tacoma 4x4, diff locker, mostly stock for now...

ive finished a redesign in cad, next is to go cut and burn it together and see if i like it better. the mounting system is much improved.

question, would you guys prefer to pay more for a rubber door bumper that are already modified, or can you do the modification yourself?

OOOHHHH! Now I see what you're talking about. Okay. I would swear you mentioned possibly fabbing one for 2nd gens, though.

Interestingly, I believe I have/had one of those CB antennas. Found it somewhere, but didn't know what it was for. Looked cool, so I grabbed it. I think I chunked it, though. Hmmm...

Nice mount, btw.
    &quot;All I know can be shown by your acceptance of the facts that are shown before you...&quot;

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    ive finished a redesign in cad, next is to go cut and burn it together and see if i like it better. the mounting system is much improved.

question, would you guys prefer to pay more for a rubber door bumper that are already modified, or can you do the modification yourself?
    Don't worry about the rubber. You're going to want to keep costs as low as possible to avoid the mount itself costing more than many peoples CB's.

P.S. What kind of range do you get with that mounting location?

Keep the costs as low down as possible. I think with all the incredible modifications people do around here, we can tackle a rubber bumper A-OK.
    &#39;96 SR5 5VZ-FE. 89k . 265/75/16 REVO 2s. Sonoran Steel 1.2, HID projector retrofit, Lightforce 170s.

most of my range problems have been because of geological interferences (mountains, etc). out in the openness of the mojave preserve we were getting at least a mile, though there are many variables.

here is a quick mockup of my new design, going to go tack one together and test fit, then start producing them. these should be even stronger and more stable than my personal mount.

doing an initial run of 10, and after i sell those ill gauge demand on producing a second run.

thanks for your interest and comments.
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast