Thread: RECOVERED! Palo Alto, CA Green 4BT80

RECOVERED! Palo Alto, CA Green 4BT80

STOLEN! Palo Alto, CA Green 4BT80

Cali guys keep your eyes peeled for this Landcruiser. I don't think you could drive past it without noticing it!

[Edit - Good Times - Updated Subject Title]
    My signature

Re: STOLEN! Palo Alto, CA Green 4BT80

I hate F*****G Thieve's!!!

Bump! This was possibly spotted yesterday around Moss Landing.

Lance, have you looked at this thing? I do believe it is your dream vehicle. REally sucks that the mechanic left it unlocked with the keys on the floorboard.
    My signature

I have been keeping a close eye on mud. I'm always eying an 80 do exactly what this vehicle has so yes it is my dream vehicle! If I see anything down here in LA, I'll make sure to post up and let the po know.
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

why do the morons always steel the cars that stand out
    1999 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD 3.4 V6 5speed,     OME 881/906, 1" 4crawler diff drop, 265-75-16 BFG All Terrain on stock Limited 5 spoke and full spare,ARB tacoma Bullbar, BruceTS custom rear bumper #9, rock sliders, black painted fender trim, serco roof rack, cobra CB under CD player, 3 ft fire stick in stock location, clear corners, flowmaster.

FOUND!!!!!!! Sounds like he got really lucky. Perp drove it less than a mile and only his wife's ipod is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by latoyota View Post

UPDATE:

I just got a call from the Stanford police department. They found my truck today parked in one of their lots. Apparently after writing the 6th parking ticket on it someone thought they should have an officer run the plates. I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow morning, but from the officers description the truck is completely undamaged. The windows were left down, and the stereo and all the other contents inside I asked about were still there including an ipod. The officer even started it up using a hidden key I had stashed on the truck so I could hear the motor fire right up and everything.

Holy happy dance going on right now.

Thanks to everyone for keeping their eyes peeled and my hopes up....
    Quote Originally Posted by latoyota View Post
    So I picked up the truck this morning. After 30 minutes of paperwork, a recorded interview, and waiting for the officer to get my truck off the stolen car database, I got to ride in the back of a cruiser to pick up the truck. One of the forms I signed was a form saying that the parking department was waiving all of the tickets the truck had picked up. The truck was sitting in a very visible location next to the track and field stadium at Stanford. When I say highly visible, I mean it was parked in the closest space to the main entrance to the track where hundreds of people come to run everyday. There must have been more than 30 people running on the track when we got there, and every one of them would have walked past the truck to get in. So the truck sat, for almost a full month, with the windows down, in the same spot and did not get molested. Well, there was a spider that had a party in the rear seats and left me some nice webs, but other than that and a thick layer of dust inside and out, the truck is in one piece. The stereo, subwoofer, some tools, and a cd case with a dozen cds/dvds in it were all still there. The only item I know is missing now is my wifes ipod, but now the jackass that stole it is stuck with an ipod engraved with her name on it. The officer hung out while I checked everything out, including the fluids and electrical. It fired right up and I drove it around for a while, everything seems to be as it was when it was stolen. The yahoo drove the truck less than a mile.

So I took it to the car wash, got it nice and clean and drove it home happily.

Now for that Sierra Nevada....
    My signature

Kill switch, friggin people need to install these!!!

Thank god he got it back!
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Re: RECOVERED! Palo Alto, CA Green 4BT80

Wow, that's pretty amazing. I wish that if my car ever gets stolen I have a similar story.