Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a car at carmax?

Would you buy a car at carmax?

Would you all buy a car at carmax? I am in the market for a new car (Acura TL) and dont really need a new one. I was thinking buying a certified used one or one at a dealership but then someone told me to check out carmax. For some reason, I just have a feeling that they rip people off. any opinions??
    1996 4runner SR5- Bunch of goodies that make it clunck<br /><br />2008 Acura TL

Re: Would you buy a car at carmax?

if the price is competitive, why not. Check the basics before you buy though - look under the oil cap, through the rims at the brakes, etc
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

you can do WAY better as far as price goes if you compare them to what you can get from an individual...
    -andy

My wife and I went there when we were looking for a Sienna...they had 2 on the lot...neither one would start so we left.

They seem to have dealership rejects for mechanics, and the salespeople did not impress.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

i dont think ill ever buy a used vehicle from a dealership, you can get much better deals from a private party transaction.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

yea, for some reason, i feel more comfortable buying from the dealership. I will have to start looking at buying from private parties, as it is much cheaper!

but the new TLs are so sweet!

yea the new ones are awesome. There was a used one on the lot that had 3k on it...it was only 2k less than a new one...doesnt make sense to me!

I havent decided if i should get a used one or a new one yet. Decisions decisions!!

I liked carmax. We didn't buy a car from there but all of their cars were really clean, had low mileage and were farely new. The only reason we didn't buy there is that they didn't have the car we wanted, even in their system. We ended up buying a used Subaru from the Subaru dealer. In all it was a pleasant experience and we got what we wanted.

I have always like the TL's. I was trying to talk my mom in getting one when she was looking for a car. She ended up with A prius.

yea, im pretty sure I want a TL..theres nothing really out there that catches my eye that would be reliable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast