Thread: Good Music Sharing, Live Acts to See...

Good Music Sharing, Live Acts to See...

I am a bit of a musicophile. Most all of the time, unless I am in the woods, I have tunes playing in the background. Mostly I dig a soundtrack for life. Related to that, I have been lucky enough to see a lot of life music, particularly this summer.

As one always looking for the next big fix, I am looking to both share and learn from others. Here are some recommendations. I am hesitant to put things in genre clumps as those are usually wrong and partially misguiding. I am down for most anything except really heavy death metal.

So, this summer I was at Wakarusa and saw:
    Cake. Sweet live show. Good playing and audience interaction.

Avett Brothers. Three piece with the most live intensity I have ever seen. They have a guitar, banjo and stand-up bass. They have some of the best lyrics and most broken strings I have ever seen.

Dr. Dog. Heavy and bassy, but lyrically intense. Not to mention all the guys get loose the same. Awesome to watch

Brett Dennen. A giant, chubby, indie rock Ronald McDonald. I saw him by accident at another place and have seen him all over. Super.

Others I have seen:
    Josh Ritter is mellower and lyrically rich. More of a traditional band playing folk rockish music.

John Butler Trio. Three piece, guitar, bass and drums. Again, good playing with good lyrics. Can't stand still to this.

Next?
    2k 4Runner&nbsp; Daily Driver<br />Long travel front<br />Longer travel rear<br />Diamonds, Foxes, Alcans and MT/R&#039;s <br />Goes fast and slow

Re: Good Music Sharing, Live Acts to See...

If you like blue grass, (jam band stlye) String Cheese Incident they are from Colorado. Incredible live show espically at red rocks. (Don't mind the hippies)