Thread: Shane's Camping Recipes

Shane's Camping Recipes

Fish Stick Tacos: (*I'll reload the recipe in later for this.)

Re: :) Think Bert and Ernie here...

*sings softly to himself* hheeeeerrrrreeeee fishy fishy fishy!!!
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Shane's Camping Recipes

Campsite CornBread Pancakes or At Home Waffles on the waffle maker.

(*cell phone pics uploading)

I've been wanting to try this one for a while since it's been in my head for far too long. The reason for the idea is I like how it might sweeten the waffles and you then need to use less syrup, thus, less bees and also the corn is contained so cleanup for little messes are a lot easier.

Take a half a bag of frozen sweet corn and blender it all down to basicaly mush and throw it in a container to take with you.

2 cups of Bisquick Pancake Mix.

4-5 Tbsp. of Vegetable Oil.

Water, don't use the premeasured amount because the corn when blendered down will also have sitting water develop.
    ~Just mix in cold water to the usual consistency you use.
    *I have not measured even at home in over 10 years..they're pancakes/waffles and hard to screw up.

Waffle Griddle or fry griddle with the waffle attachment.

Mix the blendered sweetcorn and dry pancake mix adding water until you have the desired consistency, then add in the vegetable oil (for the waffles) or none if doing pancakes.

Throw them on the waffle griddle or griddle and cook 'em up the way you always do.

Serve with light butter and either berry or maple syrup.

Us, we tend to go completely Southern and have fried up chicken, spiced with salt, pepper and hot sauce, some sweet tea, and of course collared greens. Great for any time of day..

Re: Shane's Camping Recipes

Berry Sweet Lemonade

*You can just substitute in Smucker's Strawberry Preserves if you like.

2 TBSP of E.D. Smith Black Cherry Raspberry Blood Orange Preserves*

1 Cup Granulated Sugar

1-1/2 Cups of Boiled Water in a Pyrex Measuring Cup

1-1/2 Quarts of Room Temperature Water

2-4 TBSP of Lemon Juice (**Depending on how tart you wnat things.)

~Drop the two TBSp of preserves into the 1-1/2 cups of boiled water and mix it all down so it'll make a light type syrup.

~Put the TBSP(s) of lemon juice, Cup of granulated sugar, and quarts of room temperature water into a pitcher and mix up.

~Pour the light type syrup into the pitcher, stirring as you go.

~Throw it in a cup with ice and enjoy.

Re: Shane's Camping Recipes

Easy Made Pierogi's

1 loaf (*or just about 6-8 precut/sliced in bag) sourdough.

1 loaf of Monterey Jack (*or w/e your preference is, Dubliner Irish Cheese would be a good idea!) Slice or Shread, whichever route you prefer

Instant Mashed Potatoes (*Idahoan Garlic and Parmesean is what we used)

Boiled Water + w/e your kit needs like butter or cheese. (*Why we used the Idahoan brand, just needed water.)

~Boil up the water and mix up your mashed potatoes. Spread out some of the slices of sourdough. You can coat the bottoms lightly in virgin olive oil if you're going to throw it all on a grille. Take a butter knife and spread the mashed potatoes out on the bread at about 1/4" thick. Put the cheese on top and put on the grille to lightly toast/brown the underside of the bread. After it's almost done toasting/browning, say about a coule of minutes left, put a pot top, or some sort of cover over things to melt the cheese in.

Sit down and enjoy!