Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's your take?

Re: What's your take?

It's far easier to reward good behavior (give tax breaks) than to shun bad behavior (keep people from building).

Tax incentives are very great ways to push things in the right direction. Solar panels, CFL's, efficient vehicles. All of these things have become more popular because of tax breaks.

Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Yeah...that really is progressive thinking, if you can call it that. I'd be all for tax breaks along those lines. I do see people that would like to be able to eat...let's say organic foods, for example...yet are financially forced to go to the standard grocer because they won't be able to make ends meet otherwise. That being said, who really knows how true that is. I mean, could people give up their chips, soda, cigs, cold cereals, packaged goodies, etc so that they could afford organic? Hmmm....I know organic is expensive for various reasons (some of which I think are overinflated), but how is expensive is modern health care because they eat like shizzle?

I really don't know much about it, so I probably shouldn't even talk about it, but seniors can get certain tax deductions for vitamins and natural remedies (if counted as a supplement). I see that at the store I work at. I wish everyone could have that. I personally believe in whole foods over much of the supplements people take (like handfuls everyday), but it's a definite step in a positive direction. Which brings up the gov't trying to regulate supplements issue. What a bunch of crap!! Ah...but, also that's another topic.
    &quot;All I know can be shown by your acceptance of the facts that are shown before you...&quot;

Thread killed...twice! Haha...I'm on a roll.
    &quot;All I know can be shown by your acceptance of the facts that are shown before you...&quot;

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234