Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4Runner Questions!

Re: 4Runner Questions!

Quote Originally Posted by MaK92-4Rnr

and swapping in a 3.4 with a TRD supercharger.

I'd also like to know what sounds best as far as exhaust on a 3.0 if you guys dont mind?
    Don't buy 3.0 exhaust if your gonna swap a 3.4. Also research the swap and California swap laws.

My Cousin has a early 90s 4runner also, i'd just give the whole exhaust system to her.

where would i look at the swap rules via california?

Where would i buy Aisin Manual Hubs?
    1992 Toyota 4runner SR5 4x4 3.0 V6 5 Speed - It's Modified.

The 3.4 motor would have had to come stock with a supercharger, or the supercharger will need an EO number.

Carb EO Database

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php

JTR (not Toyota but good info on swaps)

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Che..._V-8_Smog.html

And

http://members.tripod.com/~grannys/califlegalswap.html

There are also plenty of write ups on the subject. Some real tech info on the Pirate site.

In my experience, you need a complete donor (complete wiring, ECU, all smog, exhaust, VSS, Intake w/airbox (or a filter kit with an EO #). I don't know where your located, but each referee is a pretty unique person. Soooo Good luck.

Im located in Roseville, California. about 10-15 minutes away from sacramento

but according to one of the sites, the engine has to be the same or newer than the original motor. and it cannot pollute more than the other motor. and everything has to be functional. Im sure the 3.0 and the 3.4 are pretty equal on the polluting part, being both toyota v6's... right? im sure if i just took it to a mechanic with all the donor parts and said here, hook this up correctly, and make everything pristine and functional. it'll pass... but then again. thats an ASS load of money haha

Where would i buy Aisin Manual Hubs?
    You can find them on craigslist, ebay (probably more expensive), and check out the classifieds here and on other toyota forums. ttora, marlincrawler, yt, pirate, etc...

Also, since you are in CA, check out the 2008 Pismo 4runner Jamboree. It's a fun time, hopefully you can make it. That goes for you too, 4runnerchevy! I want to see you launch that beast!
    My signature

actually i was thinking about attending it. Is there anything against bringing a relative and a Highschool friend with me? they dont own 4runners but still in the toyota family Brother owns a 98 tacoma and friend owns an 03 TRD tundra...

Thanks for telling me where to buy them. you've been a great help

haha yea you can bring both toyotas. hell last time there were a few tacomas, older pickups, and even an fj60. all toyotas are welcome!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

All makes and models(even non toyotas) and guests are welcome. The more the merrier. Last year we had an old army jeep, '06 Powerwagon, chevy truck (he now owns a 4runner and is 4x4Mike on here), and all sorts of Toyotas. The 4runner name just kind of stuck since that is what they called it the first year.
    My signature

but according to one of the sites, the engine has to be the same or newer than the original motor. and it cannot pollute more than the other motor. and everything has to be functional. Im sure the 3.0 and the 3.4 are pretty equal on the polluting part, being both toyota v6's... right? im sure if i just took it to a mechanic with all the donor parts and said here, hook this up correctly, and make everything pristine and functional. it'll pass... but then again. thats an ASS load of money haha
    The 3.4 will burn cleaner if everything works properly. Heck my chevy 4.3 burns cleaner than 1986 22RE carb standards. Yes at current labor rates you will lose your ass.

There is someone else on this site swapping a 3.4 in a 3.0 shell. I don't recall who it is, but maybe they will chime in.

well yeah. the only thing i would probably swap besides the 3.4 is a 2jzgte. but im gonna stick with the 3.4 when my motor dies for now. i probably have a few years till it dies anyway... im about to hit 114k miles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast