Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Cargo Barrier Help Needed

3rd Gen Cargo Barrier Help Needed

I have a run of the mill PetsMart tube pet barrier in the Runner now, but the puppy has figured out how to move the bars and infiltrate the back and front seats. So I was looking for a metal cage type that can't be adjusted so easily by the puppy and will act as a catch-all in the event of a crash. I really would like a Milford Barrier, and correct me if I'm wrong,but to my knowledge they don't make one that will fit in our 3rd Gens. so does anybody else have any ideas?

Thanks Guys!!!!!
    -Ben<br /><br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=2 171.0<br /><br />People are starvin in Africa, and that&#039;s just not very ballin to me!<br />[B]I&#039;m sorry officer, I uh.....I didn&#039;t know that I couldn&#039;t do that![B]

Re: 3rd Gen Cargo Barrier Help Needed

Found this pic - maybe we can ID it?

EDIT: It's a Milford from AUS as best I can tell. So a barrier like this for the 3rdGen would be ideal?

http://www.milfordind.com.au/index.p...tent/301266517
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Smittybilt - couldn't find anything on their site that would apply.
    Highlander - it's actually Highland Group Industries. All their stuff are universal net type barriers it appears.
    Costco - they didn't have anything listed on their website. There's a cargo net for pickup truck beds.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack

Good Lord, I didn't mean for this to turn into a fight. It's no big deal, at least someone is attempting to help me find something that will work. I am looking for something made of metal that will install in my cargo area. I haven't checked Smittybilt or Highland, but will be sure to do so. In the meantime, the picture posted above is, I believe of a 2nd Gen Milford (I've seen that pic floating around the net) and I don't think it would fit in my truck. However, if I'm wrong about that, please someone tell me, as I would love to have that barrier. Thanks again for you guys taking the time to help a brotha out

Edit:

I checked out both of those companies, Cebby was right, not much luck. I already have one of the adjustable/universal barriers and in my experience they only work for well trained dogs that won't really test them. So the hunt continues and if anyone can shed light on the Milford Barrier fitting a 3rd Gen. it would be greatly appreciated.
    -Ben<br /><br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=2 171.0<br /><br />People are starvin in Africa, and that&#039;s just not very ballin to me!<br />[B]I&#039;m sorry officer, I uh.....I didn&#039;t know that I couldn&#039;t do that![B]

Cleaned up the thread - sorry about that.

Do you think there is a market for this type of barrier in the US? Most certainly vehicle specific barriers like this must command a premium price. What's the Milford piece (for 2nd Gens) go for? If there's no source for these things stateside, maybe something *might* materialize with enough interest...

Are there more/better pictures of how this barrier mounts? I'm curious to see some more details.

Did some more digging...

Seems these go for $479 for 100 Series LC's (plus shipping via truck freight due to size). I read somewhere that it was over $100 to ship from CA to WA from Man-a-fre.

Considering the amount of work (and engineering) in these units (a lot of welds on the grating to the frame), that seems like a decent value.

Found this site which details the install nicely (plus you can see how it's mounted).
    http://www.spokanister.net/vehicles_milford.htm

I have one of those same tube ones that you have. In the time being, you could drill a few holes in it once you have the loops adjusted where you need them, then put in cotter pins or the like to hold it in place. That way the puppy just can't push them aside like he is now.
    My signature

if i had a tubing bender id look at making you one. shoot me a PM and well talk. i was looking into making one of my own to keep our dogs in the cargo area.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Are the square tubes 3/4" or 1"? Anyone care to venture a guess?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast