Thread: Hydro Assist Tie Rod Mount

Hydro Assist Tie Rod Mount

My truck has a little down time while I wait for some DOM for my driveshaft. I decided to redo my tie rod hydro steer mount.

Old welded on mount

I made this new one while at work.

Mounted

Re: Hydro Assist Tie Rod Mount

woow the new looks SWEET you made that ? I hate this place, all you guys with "skillz" just piss me off
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Its also nice to have a mill, a lathe, and a good welder on hand. Oh yeah and plenty of 308 stock.

beautiful, looks familiar... Im sad I cant re-use mine with the new stuff.
    97 runner and 02 tundy

definately more bling factor . . . nice job

I tried using the big 'ol Cadillac lathe in the garage at corporate last month, but gave up after everyone told me it hasn't run since '00. I couldn't even get it to turn on . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mossyrocks
    beautiful, looks familiar... Im sad I cant re-use mine with the new stuff.
    To tell the truth, I was recently in touch with Ballistic in Arizona, and they sell the one I copied. They make the clamp out of cold roll and I wanted stainless. I then made it and welded the tabs on. There has been plenty of talk about this on another site, so I had lots of ideas to work from.

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    I tried using the big 'ol Cadillac lathe in the garage at corporate last month, but gave up after everyone told me it hasn't run since '00. I couldn't even get it to turn on . . .
    Get that lathe runnin cuz there is so much to do and you would be amazed at how much monry you can save. Once apon a time I did tool and die work, and I miss toolin around.

Yea, I had seen a few on pirate when I did mine. Thats where I got the idea from. The stainless is a nice touch though.
    97 runner and 02 tundy

Stainless is nice, I was skeptic cause of work hardening, but for the application I think there will be no problems with 308. If I had a CNC I would pump these guys out for everyone, but manual is just not worth it.