When trying to wire an in cab switch for my Warn M8000, I did some searches to get some ideas, and noticed that there were not a lot of wiring diagrams available out there, so I decided to put one together.

As part of my design, I wanted to have a master kill switch for the winch mounted inside the 4Runner for two reasons. First reason being that my winch control box (solenoid box) is mounted on top of my bumper, and I wanted to have a kill switch to prevent anybody from tampering with the winch with a paperclip or piece of wire. Second, I have a young child, and he likes to play with buttons, so if I was going to have in cab controls, I wanted to have a sure fire way to ensure that he wasn't going to be playing with the winch. That is why I chose a master switch that locks with a key (basically works like an ignition switch.)

I also wanted an indicating light that would let me know that the winch is armed. I mounted the kill switch, indicating light, and DPDT momentary switch below the truck's ignition switch. (You need to use a DPDT switch to properly control the winch from the cab if you have a winch that is controled with a five wire remote).

This isn't meant to be a detailed writeup of where I routed wires and such, but here is the wiring diagram for you guys in case somebody else is looking for the same setup. I'll try to snap some pictures of the location I chose for the switches and the indicating lamp at some point this week.

Note: In the image below, the connections to the brown, green and black wires are shown as being on the wire of the remote control (downstream of the remote connector), but they are actually made inside the winch control box (upstream of the remote connector). This is just because there was not enough room on the drawing to show all the connections upstream of the connector (on the left side of the five "double arrows" on the drawing).

[img width=617 height=800]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3002/2757852125_8644328274_b.jpg[/img]