Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for a new camera

Re: Time for a new camera

When you upgrade to a camera like this, you'll be able to get much better photos at a higher sensitivity and possibly negate the need for an IS lens for a lot more photos.
    true, i didnt think of that
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

I recently upgraded to a 40d. It's an awesome camera, and I highly recommend it. Before my purchase, I was also considering the 5d. After reading countless reviews on the two, I decided on the 40d, as it better suited my needs. It has more than twice the FPS rate of the 5d, a huge buffer, and a ton of custom functions. Photo quality between the two cameras is virtually identical.

If I were you, I'd skip over the 10, 20, and 30d - and go straight for the 40d. If you don't, I think you'll wish you had.

The color and clarity of the photos from the 40d are incredible. This camera makes my old digi rebel seem like a toy.

'95 4Runner, 3.0, Auto, 140K.

I recently upgraded to a 40d. It's an awesome camera, and I highly recommend it. Before my purchase, I was also considering the 5d. After reading countless reviews on the two, I decided on the 40d, as it better suited my needs. It has more than twice the FPS rate of the 5d, a huge buffer, and a ton of custom functions. Photo quality between the two cameras is virtually identical.

If I were you, I'd skip over the 10, 20, and 30d - and go straight for the 40d. If you don't, I think you'll wish you had.

The color and clarity of the photos from the 40d are incredible. This camera makes my old digi rebel seem like a toy.
    very good to know, thankx

Just checked out the Nikon D80, thats real nice, and comes with the 18-220 IS lens
    but Im still looking

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    Just checked out the Nikon D80, thats real nice, and comes with the 18-220 IS lens
    but Im still looking
    D80 is a nice camera! I though about getting that instead of the D300, but that wasn't a long thought....

Unless you really feel like changing for whatever reason, I would suggest sticking with canon. Of course it depends on how much you have invested in your two lenses, if it's a lot, then stick with canon, if they are lower grade and you can sell them easily, then it doesn't hurt to look at all options.

Nikon or Canon, you can't go wrong with in today's market. Head to Best Buy and check out different cameras. Some camera stores will let you take a demo out for a while to get the feel of it, might not be a bad idea.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

i dont have have much at all in the lens, so i wouldnt be to heartbroken not to use them. right now, a huge plus for the Nikon is the lens, i really wouldnt need to change the lens.
    I wouldnt sell the canon or the lens, cause my oldest said he wants to get into photography

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    Quote Originally Posted by neliconcept
    inless unless nikon has fixed that super gayness called noise at medium iso then i wouldnt bother with the nikon
    Have you read any reviews yet? My D300 does better at ISO3200 than my D70 did at ISO800.

Nikon has fixed the 'gayness' of noise. I suggest researching before you make uneducated comments like that.

Clearly it would be better to get a Canon because he probably has a few lenses, and switching isn't always the best solution unless you really want to. No need to get all fan-boy on us Blake.
    yeah my bad on the spelling error.

how much of an improvement is the d300 over the d200? i have read reviews however, and only camera lineup id take is the d700, which seems to be better then the current 5d.

just my opinion
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Quote Originally Posted by oly884
    inless unless nikon has fixed that super gayness called noise at medium iso then i wouldnt bother with the nikon
    Have you read any reviews yet? My D300 does better at ISO3200 than my D70 did at ISO800.

Nikon has fixed the 'gayness' of noise. I suggest researching before you make uneducated comments like that.

Clearly it would be better to get a Canon because he probably has a few lenses, and switching isn't always the best solution unless you really want to. No need to get all fan-boy on us Blake.
    yeah my bad on the spelling error.

how much of an improvement is the d300 over the d200? i have read reviews however, and only camera lineup id take is the d700, which seems to be better then the current 5d.

just my opinion
    D300 is definitely an improvement over the D200, no contest there. The 5D is an amazing camera, and if he can budget for it, he may as well get it. The D700, now that is a camera that I'm drooling about. Or the rumored D3x
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

im waiting for the so called 7d that may come out.

Ric, let us know what you get.

The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast