Re: Trans Cooler?

so have we decided that tech on UY will officially start with

OPEN THE F-ING BOX!

-Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
    We've all done stupid stuff like that.
    It's like looking everywhere for your keys when you've been holding them in your hand.
    Don't you just HATE that!!

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    so have we decided that tech on UY will officially start with

OPEN THE F-ING BOX!

Heck yes!!

I'll probably end up over-using it though :/
    :Marko:<br />
    Supercharged[COLOR=Sienna] 98 4Runner SR5 4x4 3.4L<br />315cc Injectors :: 4&quot; Deckplate :: TrueFlow Air Intake System :: Magnaflow 18&quot; Muffler w/ Resonator<br />XM Sat Radio (Roady XT) :: Autometer Boost Gauge :: Color Keyed Spoiler<br />
    <br /><br />
    TOYOTA|moving forward

damn you aaaaall!

i am gonna open the box tomorrow, i promise!
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

when you do open it, take pics and make a write-up please.

hahahah JERK
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

i was wondering also about flat mounting it to the rad...but (correct me if im wrong) but isnt the AC condensor in front of the rad? how do you get those anchor pads behind it? or do you go through both the AC condensor AND the radiator fins? flat mounting it seems better and less bulky than with brackets. PS cooler done with brackets on mine...but im stil kinda about mounting the tranny cooler, as it doesnt have any holes for bracket mounting..so i gotta flat mount it
    sonny<br />1998 4Runner LTD...d0uble locked on 35&#039;s<br />crawlinbc.com

Quote Originally Posted by d0ubledown
    i was wondering also about flat mounting it to the rad...but (correct me if im wrong) but isnt the AC condensor in front of the rad? how do you get those anchor pads behind it? or do you go through both the AC condensor AND the radiator fins? flat mounting it seems better and less bulky than with brackets. PS cooler done with brackets on mine...but im stil kinda about mounting the tranny cooler, as it doesnt have any holes for bracket mounting..so i gotta flat mount it
    I just mounted mine last week. Ill throw some pics up later. But it is quite a tight fit between the AC condensor and the center hood latch rail. Anyways once I put mine in I slid it over to the side to place the sticky foam pads onto each corner. Kinda a pain but it works. Then yes, the zip tie anchor thing goes all the way through both the condensor and radiator. You will need to cut them once installed as they interfere with the fan.

I just installed a Hayden 679 last week. It is a monster cooler, but it fits if you go almost perfectly centered on the condensor. It was VERY easy and took only about an hour (that is after I figured out the damn clips that hold the grill on ).

I plan on a Tranny Temp gauge in the next few weeks so I can really get an idea about how well the cooler is performing.... but as mentioned earlier, I dont think you can cool your tranny enough, especially if youre trail-runnin'!

James
    2000 4Runner Limited. Diff-Lock Mod. Deck-Plated. Commo Gear.&nbsp; Ready for Lift/Tires!

DSN, I'll be curious what your tranny temps are after you mount the guage.
    You're so right about never cooling the tranny fluid enough.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

As fast as this board is moving, this thread will probably be buried 20 pages back by the time I get the sensor and gauge installed!
    I will dig this thread up from the basement and update you all when I get the stats.

James
    2000 4Runner Limited. Diff-Lock Mod. Deck-Plated. Commo Gear.&nbsp; Ready for Lift/Tires!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast