Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lojack?

Re: lojack?

what about something like this?

[img width=800 height=428]http://www.doingitwrong.com/wrong/wegfahrsperre.jpg[/img]
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

lee,

i have lojack on two cars w/ the lifetime warranty. they are no maintenance. the installer hides it somewhere on the vehicle. actually to this day, i still dont know where it is, even after compltely stripping the interior for the sound deadening mod. so i think its on the outside somewhere.

the thing is that you have to alert lojack to the theft. so if youre asleep, the perp (haha, a corky word) has all nite to drive your junk away. but then again, if you had that internet tracking thing, you have to log on to find it. and i dont know if those internet tracking things are integrated with the cop's computers

yeah i thought of that too. the main issue is i drive my truck on weekends, during weekdays im gone all day so if it was stolen at 10am it seriously would be like 10 hrs before i knew it....

ill just pull a fuse till i get a kill switch in. thanks all!
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

I typically used to pull the ignition wire. While talking with an older friend of mine and explaining my anti-theft attempt, he laughed, "that aint gonna stop ****."

I did not know that lojack was offered "third party." I thought it was only available on new(er) vehicles.

Thank you for this insight.
    -Matt<br /><br />1988 4Runner, 22re, 5spd<br />1994 Mustang Cnvt, 302, 5spd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12