Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twin Sticks Done

Twin Sticks Done

I plan on removing my True-track from the front of my truck and relacing it with a spool. I already have hydro-assist steering, so I though why not give the 4.70's a twin stick.

I made this working prototype, and by the time I finished I had plans on a model II. This one doesn't completely seal, so it doesn't need a breather (shouldn't be a problem unless I am upside down. The next one will seal through an o-ring boss and use a breather.

Re: Twin stick

I'm starting to think you have a bit much time on your hands, but it does look good

actually I'm just jealous of your fab capabilities . . . I'm stuck with a flux core welder, my sawzall and a grinder - not enough room for much more in the basement of my RV
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Shhhh, I do this kind of work at work. So I get paid to make my stuff. Really, in the summer I am pretty much a trouble-shooter and just wait for something to happen. So I fill my time with making stuff for me and some close buds. In the winter I work my a$$ off and have very little time for g-jobs.

what does that mean, it doesnt seal??

fyi, you will get gear oil leaking out of wherever you arent sealing. i forgot to put my breather in on my twin stick shifter and gear oil came out of it like you wouldnt imagine.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

It has a small gap in the travel of the shifters. What I mean is the case will still breath through the shift levers. I have tested it (case upside down) and I only get a drip. The next will have shifters, mounted on shafts through an o-ring boss. This will eliminate any fluid issues, except through the breather tube. I doubt I will lose any more (and probably less) then when its been flopped with the stock shifter. I'll take a pic of its inner workings soon.

oh i see now, gotcha. thats good, man, hope it works well for ya. looks like a good design
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Close ups

There is a foam block that goes in the box section, but I could not put it on my kitchen counter. Once the boots are mounted, oil will have a hard time ecscaping. I am considering this a done deal, and am moving on to Model II.

Very nice!

The only thing I can make at work are drink coasters.
    My signature

Old topic, but re-newed.

The sticks work great !

In my recent attempts to survive flops and rollovers, I have decided to revive this thread. I am building twins #2, to refine my previous work. While twins #1 did well keeping out water and keeping in oil, thay cannot be submerged or take a complete rollover.

My new twins will have o-rings and snaprings and the shifters will come out from the side. This will also allow me to keep the shifters on top or move them forward (using heims and linkage).

Build pics and finished product by the weeks end.

Ok here it is, I still have to bend the sticks slightly, finish the cap for the base. Bead blast the base, and paint. The rest is stainless so I am not worried.
    The pipe barb is a breather.

I'll post the finished product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast