Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics for slosurfer - "Toyota Master Ace Surf Super Touring van"

Pics for slosurfer - "Toyota Master Ace Surf Super Touring van"

Chris, saw these Toyota vans all over Canada. This is not your father's Oldsmobile, this is a "Toyota Master Ace Surf, Super Touring" if you can read those badges on the back. Now that's a name! Don't overlook the "Skylite Roof" with hinged openings!

[img width=600 height=800]http://home.off-road.com/~kemanuel/forum/toyvan1.jpg[/img]

[img width=600 height=800]http://home.off-road.com/~kemanuel/forum/toyvan2.jpg[/img]

I photographed this next vehicle, then realized they were about as common in Canada as a Honda Civic in the U.S. 4WD diesel "Mitsubishi Star Wagon Delica Turbo D". Toyota may have the "Skylite Roof," but Mitsu theirs imprinted with the name "Crystal Lite Roof"

Re: Pics for slosurfer - "Toyota Master Ace Surf Super Touring van"

Ken! my uncle has that Toyota minivan back in Japan!!!! The interior is pretty pimp too btw. I rem it had optional captains chair for the second row.

So how was your vacation?
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Quote Originally Posted by Good Times
    Ken! my uncle has that Toyota minivan back in Japan!!!! The interior is pretty pimp too btw. I rem it had optional captains chair for the second row.

So how was your vacation?
    Vacation was awesome. I had considered moving to Canada, then I saw the Master Ace Surf Super Touring van and knew I had to move up there...

Here are some teaser pics.

Desolation Sound:

Our transportation:

Savory Island:

Pic of the boat in front of the falls at Princess Louisa:
    [img width=600 height=800]http://home.off-road.com/~kemanuel/2008_BC/2008_BC5.jpg[/img]

Another view of Princess Louisa:

Nice country up there!

Ken, welcome back and thanks for reminding me how bland our American version of vehicles are.

Those Mitsu Delicas are badass and most are diesels and easily changed over to dual fuel, bio and regular diesel.

The windows in the Mastersurfs are badass, it would probably be easier to go up there and cut a roof off and do a roof swap than it would to import one.

By the way, I've got a guy searching junkyards in Okinawa for one of these: (I'll let you figure out what it is I'm after in the pic)

I also added a Marlin Crawler shift knob to my van for the transfercase shifter. I should have grabbed another one for the tranny shifter. People will really look confused when they see it then.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    By the way, I've got a guy searching junkyards in Okinawa for one of these: (I'll let you figure out what it is I'm after in the pic)
    Inclinometer?

I was going to throw one from a Tercel in there till I found that one. I'll wait and see if he finds one.

Also something cool about the unAmerican ones, the 4wd's with the auto tranny has the two speed transfercase. The american auto tranny 4wd's just have a push button 4hi (no 4lo). That was a big reason for me wanting the 5spd 4wd, got to have that 4lo.

Those pop up skylights are awesome.
    My signature

Too bad we don't get the cool stuff here in the States.

that van is just pure sex.... ugh.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I'll let you figure out what it is I'm after in the pic
    Damn I thought it was the seats. Those are pretty pimp and look ultra plush.

ken, welcome back. remind me what your dad does/did for a living so i can take trips like that in the future

any fishy fishy pics?

hey, did you get my PM? lemme know b/c i'm plannign to make a no cal trip in a month.

bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast