Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: York for the 3.4 liter

Re: York for the 3.4 liter

I ordered the fog light switch. It looks just like the one that comes with the after market Hella Micro DE's and I've seen it fit in a '99 and '00. With this switch I don't have to monkey with a self holding switch or a relay. It's a totally simple circuit and I'm running it straight to my aux fuse box with a fuse and Toyota switch. Thanks for the help.

Ran into some trouble mounting my version of a manifold. The check valve has a port on it for an unloader or something. Anyways, it was in a useful spot and thought I'd use it. Turns out the port is tapped to M10 X 1.0 and the stores I went to didn't have this in a hex socket cap. I ended up buying a M10 X 1.25 stainless bolt and tapped the hole to fit. I went stainless because this is on the firewall and have noticed that when there is a lot of water present it rolls down the firewall. The brass won't corrode like steel so I went SS.

Here it is mounted up. It's pretty solid and I don't think it's going anywhere. I like it up there because it's out of the way and I can route the hose down the inner fender.

Here you can see how the SS screw is holding the check valve in place. There was an existing hole on the little ledge and I used it. I had to re-route the gray wire bundle and it's mount left the oval hole in the firewall.

That's all for today. I need to get an air filter to get the oil out of the air and probably some 90 degree elbows to put it all together. The plan right now is to have an air outlet under the front bumper and then a line to the back (hopefully to the tank) with an outlet around the rear bumper.

Waiting on the bracket and switch. Once those are here I can pump some air (some assembly required).
    Last edited by 4x4mike; 06-11-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Looks great Mike. I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    I ordered the fog light switch. It looks just like the one that comes with the after market Hella Micro DE's and I've seen it fit in a '99 and '00. With this switch I don't have to monkey with a self holding switch or a relay. It's a totally simple circuit and I'm running it straight to my aux fuse box with a fuse and Toyota switch. Thanks for the help.

Nice but,
    I always think in the terms of the engine dying, stall or otherwise. I hate flipping switches in an emergency, and I like my compressor clutch to engage only while engine is running (I hate burnt coils).

2xcents

What kind of pressure switch is that ? Does it have some kind of differential (low/high) ? If so what brand, cause I am looking for a slimmer pressure switch then my adjustable. I am looking for a low 90 psi with a cutoff of 130.

Nice but,
    I always think in the terms of the engine dying, stall or otherwise. I hate flipping switches in an emergency, and I like my compressor clutch to engage only while engine is running (I hate burnt coils).

2xcents

What kind of pressure switch is that ? Does it have some kind of differential (low/high) ? If so what brand, cause I am looking for a slimmer pressure switch then my adjustable. I am looking for a low 90 psi with a cutoff of 130.

I'm not running air lockers so I will only be using the compressor while stopped and for the most part, airing up. In my truck I had the switch under the hood which ment I never drove while the compressor was running and as long as I turned it off it never ran while driving.

The pressure switch shown is a Viair from my MV50 that I'm using for testing. It is not adjustable and turns on at 90 and off at 105 (for the MV50 mind you). I'm waiting on another one that is from Viair
    here: http://www.viaircorp.com/90108.html
    I'm getting the 90217.

check out these switches http://www.4x4mods.com/ custom made just for you
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    check out these switches http://www.4x4mods.com/ custom made just for you
    Oh, that is just too damn cool . . . now I need to rethink how my switches are all set up
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Well UPS says that they delivered my pressure switch and bracket kit this morning. Karl at PNWF was great with the customer service and I would do business with him again. I think I may leave work a little early to start tinkering.

I think I may leave work a little early to start tinkering.
    thats the spirit kepp us updated
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

I bought my filter last night. Filtering is necessary as the air that is pumped out of the compressor is oily. You can plug the oil passages in the compressor but it starves certain areas of oiling and I don't want to do that. My old setup didn't have a big problem with oil and the filter bowl never really filled. This filter is smaller but I like it becasue it was cheap ($8) and will fit where I want to put it. The 3/8" copper tube threaded into it was the same price as the filter . It's copper because all the other fittings are, it dissipates heat and is 6" long. Galvanized was cheaper but only went up to 5".

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast