Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: York for the 3.4 liter

Re: York for the 3.4 liter

Nice really clean install. I'm looking at OBA for my runner in the future, but I'm thinking I might run a mini-york from a VW

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    I don't know why but I was drunk and tired but still thinking.
    I accidentally cut out the wrong side of my Honda's front bumper for cold air once - had to change the plans to brake cooling and still didn't get the holes the same . . . . now I try to pace myself when working
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    I accidentally cut out the wrong side of my Honda's front bumper for cold air once - had to change the plans to brake cooling and still didn't get the holes the same . . . . now I try to pace myself when working
    made me think of this: http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/2008/...u-take-wo.html

looks great man... makes me want to do it now. whats your final cost?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

makes me want to do it now. whats your final cost?
    I'll tally it up here in a couple of days. I think I may have spent more than I wanted to but I wanted something that I don't want to mess around with, just do it right.

that would have been nice to have today, I ran out of CO2 stupid trail horns, lol but we had a few others that had air..
    Hows this working out ? have you had a chance to really test it yet ?
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    that would have been nice to have today, I ran out of CO2 stupid trail horns, lol but we had a few others that had air..
    Hows this working out ? have you had a chance to really test it yet ?
    I actually have tested it. I got a nail in one of my tires last week and the shop won't patch it (have to try another shop). It holds air for a day or two and then goes down to 20 all of a sudden. The other morning I came out and saw it low, what a pity. I busted out the hose and went to town. Even without a tank the compressor can fill tires rather quickly.
    I got the factory fog light switch working so I put that in last night. There is a leak somewhere (in think it is the plug I have in the Tee) so I have to track that down but it's no big deal as the "system" (about 4 feet of manifold and hose) pressurize to 145 in about 3 seconds.

I had to work pretty fast to get this all in as I drive everyday and the weekends are time for catching up. In my case catching up is painting our family room as my wife is pregnant and doesn't want to be around paint and fumes. I must say that I'd rather be under a hood in a hot garage than painting.

Hopefully this week I can scout out an area to mount a tank. I found a few small ones (<5 gallon) on line but they're as much ($) as a 5 or 7 gallon tank. I was looking for a cheap broken hot dog or pancake compressor on craigslist to take the tank off but have had no luck. I want a tank specific to vehicle applications because it has multiple ports and mounting feet.

I never got around to taking and posting a picture of the tank. It's the little Viair one mounted near the spare. The quick disconnect it a the rear bumper. You can't see it but if you reach under it's right there (if that makes any sense).

I just noticed I have a nail in my spare.

A little view of the filter back there.

Bottom of the tank. I mounted it to pre tapped holes in the frame.
    Last edited by 4x4mike; 06-11-2013 at 11:20 AM.

I don't think it will. The belt routing is the problem.

Nope there's no way it would work with a supercharged 3.4, looking at the space the mounting bracket and idler pulley takes up.

Do you worry the compressor hits anything when your engine revs and the engine mounts flex?
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

It's all rock solid. I've wheeled, jumped and driven about 5,000 miles since the install. Nothing has moved and it's all the same way it was when I installed it.

It might be a close fit but everything gets along quite well.
    Last edited by 4x4mike; 06-11-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast