Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how long does a propane canister last?

how long does a propane canister last?

i usually run with a 2.5 gallon can with a tree so i have no idea how long the little cans last. i will be bringing a small tabletop bbq and stove, lantern. cooking two meals a day, bbq only once and some night lantern time how long will an average can last
    thanks
    85 4 runner that's just a little modified call TUBINGWORKS FAB FOR ANY FAB NEEDS 619 438 1160

Re: how long does a propane canister last?

It really depends on the projectile. Exsplosives seem to use all the canister in one shot, gunshots seem to expel all the gas before exsplosion. If you set up the lantern right, I give it a few minutes burn time.

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerchevy
    It really depends on the projectile. Exsplosives seem to use all the canister in one shot, gunshots seem to expel all the gas before exsplosion. If you set up the lantern right, I give it a few minutes burn time.
    HAHAHAHAHA that's good info right there!

I have 5 little "disposable" canisters that I have had for a couple of years now. I have one of those couplers from Cablea's that allow you to fill them from a bigger tank. I usually put one on my lantern and it'll last at least 2 nights. I use about half of another one on the BBQ and stove for dinner and breakfast. That being said I usually take 4 with me and come back with 2 un-used. It's always good to have more than you need. You never know when you'll need to shoot one for S&G or loan one out.

Here's the coupler.
    http://www.amazon.com/Northern-Tool-.../dp/B0000AXEWU

I usually pack 1 per day but wind up using 1/2 per day between the lantern and the 2 burner stove.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

mikey, remember how we ran out at BB back in may? bring more than you need... haha.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Bring 2-3 of them to be safe, figure on using half a one a day. But I spent 3 days and cooked about 12x on a dual burner coleman with 2 cans.

Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    mikey, remember how we ran out at BB back in may? bring more than you need... haha.
    Cooking rocks is not the "norm"

I usually go through 1 in a weekend....using a stove for breakfast and dinner, and a lantern for a while in the evening.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike
    I have 5 little "disposable" canisters that I have had for a couple of years now. I have one of those couplers from Cablea's that allow you to fill them from a bigger tank. I usually put one on my lantern and it'll last at least 2 nights. I use about half of another one on the BBQ and stove for dinner and breakfast. That being said I usually take 4 with me and come back with 2 un-used. It's always good to have more than you need. You never know when you'll need to shoot one for S&G or loan one out.

Here's the coupler.
    http://www.amazon.com/Northern-Tool-.../dp/B0000AXEWU
    That's awesome, I need to get one of those! How do you know when you've filled the little one?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc P
    I usually go through 1 in a weekend....using a stove for breakfast and dinner, and a lantern for a while in the evening.
    I'm the same and that is if I have to cook all the whole meals on the 3burner stove (I usually try to cook as much over an open fire as I can).

I take 3 or 4 for my trips. Even when I take the m416 with it's 11# propane tank and lantern tree, I'll still take the 3 or 4 little ones.
    My signature

lol I'm old school....I'm still rockin the white fuel stove and lantern!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast